electric folding mirrors

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had fitted electric folding mirrors to their Octavia. I always have to fold the drivers mirror to get the car in the garage and am aware that some seat leon models have the electric folding mirrors, so just had this thought that maybe its possible to combine the two and have powered folding mirrors on my octy. ??

I retrofitted electric folding to my Facelift Vrs

I don't think any Pre-facelift came with Folding mirrors

You could fit FL mirrors to your car, however this is not cheap

Door controllers around £250 each

and £220 for each mirror

Pretty hard to find them 2nd hand, also don't think about buying LHD mirrors either as the angle is different between RHD mirrors.

• Like 2

and £220 for each mirror

Pretty hard to find them 2nd hand, also don't think about buying LHD mirrors either as the angle is different between RHD mirrors.

Thanks for that, I guess i'll be folding them manually for a bit longer then !! 

I tried and failed on a pre FL. The pre FL mirrors I sourced as allegedly power folding turned out to be mis-represented as motorised by the manufacturer. Pretty sure only route is to change to FL as Ed says, at significant cost.

and £220 for each mirror

Have you done a guide out of interest.  I would like to see it if you have.

I'd not bother. Folding the mirrors on an Octavia does not reduce the width by much. On other brands the mirror glass ends up parallel to the door glass. The Octavia mirrors only half fold IMHO by design. And I've got them on my Elegance.

• 9 months later...

Hi to all just posting a reply to Eddie on his fab retro fit power folding mirrors on his octy just wondered if it was straight forward to do , mines a 2011 model vrs estate and if its hard to do and what i would need to complete the job in hand . cheers 

Hi to all just posting a reply to Eddie on his fab retro fit power folding mirrors on his octy just wondered if it was straight forward to do , mines a 2011 model vrs estate and if its hard to do and what i would need to complete the job in hand . cheers 

first off see what controllers you have

If you need some I have some spare ones available

then you will require the mirrors, I ended up buying new ones as I couldn't find any used ones

and last of all a new mirror switch with folding option for the door card

hi Eddie thanks for the reply ,  not sure about the controllers as of yet , ive just bought today some used power folding mirrors with puddles from ebay a 2009 model octy so im hoping they should be ok ,fingers crossed  , also just seen a mirror switch  on ebay with the folding icon on the switch visible so i think thats the 1 that will comply with the mirrors ,  not sure if theres anything else i need mind you , never done a retro fit before  lol

hi Eddie i also noticed on youtube that your vrs has headlamp wash , thats something i would like on my vrs to , but im struggling with the parts i need to carry the task out wondered if you had any tips for me . Also on a different note i have in my possession  a complete full set of new limited edition full leather seat covers that i have for sale , i bought 2 full complete sets of a guy on ebay , the rears i have allready fitted myself after a bit faffing and swearing they do look great if i do say so , and the front not yet waiting for some heated seat pads to arrive then ill tackle them lol  i must admit they do look the dogs !!! If you know any one who is in the market for buying a set then let us know . thanks

hi Eddie just wondering from the last post i sent you , if you stiil have those spare door modules in your possession , i got the mirrors but my modules on my vrs dont match just wondered if you still got them . thanks

Does this controller support folding mirrors?

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 R    HW: 1T0 959 702 R
   Component: Tuer-SG         009 2119  
   Coding: 0000244
   Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00097
   VCID: 479B2D47362F26261A7-8012

Edited by Tranberg

Does this controller support folding mirrors?

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN3.lbl

Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 R    HW: 1T0 959 702 R

Component: Tuer-SG         009 2119  

Coding: 0000244

Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00097

VCID: 479B2D47362F26261A7-8012

No

• Like 1

• 6 years later...