Headlight tweak to extend HID lifespan

I ordered the cool white. I guess it is 5000K but not as bluish as in the pics.

May worth a try to ask the seller about the warm white. Sometimes they call 4300K warm white (but it's neutral white according to the CREE catalogue).

The bulbs are also good for side lights you only have to turn them till the LED facing downwards.

The light output is min. 200% :)

Currently I use them as license plate light. They are too bright so I will set the brightness lower as "standlicht allgemein" but I will keep the full brightness as CH/LH...

Edit: I ordered "white"
  • Like 1

Oh god another tweak..................... :sweat:

I'm waiting until my 5m active usb extension cable turns up so I can put my laptop on the workbench & comfortably do the alterations...............

Got a looooong list & already having talks with andyvee about the LED DRL & sidelights re splitting them up & re-assigning brightness etc................ :x

Neat idea I guess.  I prefer to just not bother flashing.  Leave the decision up to the other driver.

Being able to assign different functions to the lights over OEM settings is also quite neat IMO.

Edited by SC03OTT

Flashing headlights has only one meaning (according to the Highway Code) - "I am here".  Any other intention relies on the other driver thinking what you want him to think rather than what he may be thinking.

As SC03OTT says - "I prefer to just not bother flashing.  Leave the decision up to the other driver."

In the past 10 years I doubt that I have flashed my headlights more than a dozen times.  Perhaps that's why my headlight bulbs last so long! :)

I was part right :-)

To switch off the additional 501's in the headlight on vRS

(6)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17 from 100 to 0

(6)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16 from 100 to 0

Tried and test, no errors and looks much better :-)

Ah, this is great!

Where can I set sidelight DRL brightness to 100% rather than dimmed as they are now? I basically want sidelights with ignition off to replicate the 'off' position on the switch with ignition on.

P

Being able to assign different functions to the lights over OEM settings is also quite neat IMO.

Until you mess them up and can't get back to OEM - try explaining that to a dealer :)

Always grab a full adaptation map of 09 before you start messing or you will lose the plot at some point

• 4 months later...

Flashing headlights has only one meaning (according to the Highway Code) - "I am here".  Any other intention relies on the other driver thinking what you want him to think rather than what he may be thinking.

As SC03OTT says - "I prefer to just not bother flashing.  Leave the decision up to the other driver."

In the past 10 years I doubt that I have flashed my headlights more than a dozen times.  Perhaps that's why my headlight bulbs last so long! :)

Just been reading this thread. In the UK, I'd agree with you 100% - I'm a very infrequent flasher - but, on the continent, flashing your lights when overtaking is compulsory in some countries which, I suspect, is why the recoding is labelled 'flash to pass'.

Just been reading this thread. In the UK, I'd agree with you 100% - I'm a very infrequent flasher - but, on the continent, flashing your lights when overtaking is compulsory in some countries which, I suspect, is why the recoding is labelled 'flash to pass'.

Now that I didn't know!  I must check in which countries that applies.

Now that I didn't know!  I must check in which countries that applies.

From memory Luxembourg is one. I think it is compulsory to flash headlights at night when overtaking outside of built-up areas

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...