Long Term Parking

I have, at no notice, to go away to work for 4 or 5 months.

Regarding the shiny newish motor outside, shall I:

1. Leave it on the drive
  2. Put it in long term covered storage nearby (with the locals caravans & boats etc) - cost unknown at present
  3. Tell  Ask SWMBO nicely to drive it once a week

Thoughts?

Get the missus to run it round the block a couple of times every couple of weeks. That's all it needs engine-wise.

Fit a solar trickle charger to the battery.

• Like 1

My mate did this once, he left use (a few of us lads) his BMW M3 EVO (left hand drive). It was funny getting pulled over in it and the police coming round the wrong side to have a word and quite often just to have a look at the classic car it was. Personally I'd get someone to drive it (insured and all above board!)

• 1 month later...

Well since I'm 5019 miles away from the car - it's nice that SWMBO is using it, mostly while her Fiat is getting fixed.

Although today I did find out that after driving it for a week, she hadn't noticed the gear position marked "6"...

Well chris, I'm not a million miles from Roswell ;)

Also hope to visit Trinity Site in April - it's only open one day a year.

I have had a thought though, the availabilty of the gear marked "6" could be worth a mention to all the "my TSi does rubbish mpg" brigade :rofl:

• Like 2