Fabia Mk1 with Factory Sat Nav/Maxidot

softscoop

There a SE near me with satnav fitted in it

But it's not a real one though.... If they had allowed options on an SE I probably would have bought one with xenons and ESP. But they didn't so I just kept my own one.

Ive just put mine up in the for sale section

Yes, and a VERY good ad it is too. I'm not sure people understand about Northern Ireland MOTs but they are REALLY thorough and carried out by a government testing station so a NI MOT actually means the car has been properly tested. The ASZ engine means much easier tuning potential (EGR delete, turbo swaps etc.) and no stutter that you get with BLTs.

It never fails to amaze me how these cars hold their value. That's a 10 year old car and it's still worth at least 25% of it's new price. Amazing.

But it's not a real one though.... If they had allowed options on an SE I probably would have bought one with xenons and ESP. But they didn't so I just kept my own one.

Never knew that, it is a factory standard one but must of been retro fitted

As Walter said, the SE was not available with any options, as they were built before they were even offered for sale.

An easy way to tell if it's a retrofit is does it have the maxidot dash display and the satnav aerial base ? If not then it's obviously a retrofit. 

If it does, then it's either factory, or someone went to a lot of trouble to do it right.

IMG_1713.jpg

Edited by softscoop

• 1 month later...

These might be rare.. But I had something rarer...

You know the curved bits of specific trim they have left, right and top?...

My eBay cuphder had that curve in it.. Yes, there was a satnav specific version of the cup holder.. Not a single car on this list has a cup holder at all.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4110/4986333506_19a33df86d_b.jpg

Edited by Rob.

Dunno why buy I love the old solid blue on the Mk1... be it Dynamic Blue on the early ones or Laser blue on the late ones (at least I think it was called laser...?)

Good spot on the factory fitted nav, that Elegance TDi estate would have been an expensive car new!!

"I never knew that!

I had the sat nav and the cup holder but it wouldnt open as it would fold out and hit the button on the left."

Did it have the curved trim like mine? Now I'm wondering if it was a different shape when folded out, too?

• 4 weeks later...

So it seems that the red 06 is for sale again.

I have to admire the 'honest' advert. The only work it needs doing to it is a new sump and a service.

Guest BigJase88

That sat nav must be in the most useless location i have ever seen. Looks like an old school calculator trying to be a satnav