Urgent help with fitting HID kit

ang9444

Apologies for the picture c*ck up!

Hope this helps and makes some sort of sense.

The two leads from the ballast unit with crimped connectors connects directly into the headlamp connector block on the cars wiring.

post-95590-0-91929200-1418731747_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I done it!! Haha took me a while but i managed to cut the holders like some of you suggested and after another 20min struggle they finally fit into the headlight. I had to ducktape the rubber covers as i made a mess when trying to cut it to size so it should be fine, randomly zip tied the ballasts and the lights work but i need it to get dark, pics below and more to come when it gets dark, cheers for all the help guys

post-121829-0-37653600-1418739269_thumb.jpg

post-121829-0-99048300-1418739336_thumb.jpg

post-121829-0-12803700-1418739358_thumb.jpg

post-121829-0-34472200-1418739375_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I done it!! Haha took me a while but i managed to cut the holders like some of you suggested and after another 20min struggle they finally fit into the headlight. I had to ducktape the rubber covers as i made a mess when trying to cut it to size so it should be fine, randomly zip tied the ballasts and the lights work but i need it to get dark, pics below and more to come when it gets dark, cheers for all the help guys

Nice!

I taped my rubber covers as the grommets wouldn't fit into my 20mm hole i had to just put a few slices in... thankfully had no condensation!

Hope you're happy with the result when it gets dark! You'll never go back  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice!

I taped my rubber covers as the grommets wouldn't fit into my 20mm hole i had to just put a few slices in... thankfully had no condensation!

Hope you're happy with the result when it gets dark! You'll never go back :thumbup:

Do you think they will get wet then or get condensation? I put quite a few layers of ducktape on..

Also one of the lights flickers a bit when i first start them up, is that normal? It stops flickering after a while

Do you think they will get wet then or get condensation? I put quite a few layers of ducktape on..

Also one of the lights flickers a bit when i first start them up, is that normal? It stops flickering after a while

Mine never did and you have put more tape on than I had on mine, So I wouldn't worry! 

My last car used to suffer a bit with condensation but nothing the hairdryer couldn't sort out  :D

I think it's normal for them to flicker a little bit on warm up, just be weary of not using your lights to flash others because that will shorten the life of the lamp, that's if you haven't got a separate lamp for high beam.

• Like 1

Mine never did and you have put more tape on than I had on mine, So I wouldn't worry!

My last car used to suffer a bit with condensation but nothing the hairdryer couldn't sort out :D

I think it's normal for them to flicker a little bit on warm up, just be weary of not using your lights to flash others because that will shorten the life of the lamp, that's if you haven't got a separate lamp for high beam.

Oh okay that's fine then haha, and no i only have one bulb for main beam and dipped so i'll be careful, cheers

Otaylor is right. Could be a ballast problem but don't worry if it is as they are guaranteed and the shop can just send another. You won't need to change the bulb. One way of checking is to swap the ballasts over and see if the flickering swaps sides too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

An old set of HID's I used on my VRS had a slight bulb flicker and it was fine for the 2 years they were in so I wouldn't worry.

Well done on getting the HID's sorted, I'd maybe get some new rubber covers though to make it look tidier

• Like 1

Here are some pics, not great as it's ****ing it down..

post-121829-0-53549500-1418767168_thumb.jpg

Won't let me upload the rest, says error this upload failed..anyway i'm happy with it just need some new sidelights now lol these are sooo yellow compared to the hids

Happy with the output?

How about some from in the car, onto the street, wall or something? (:

I took one from the car but it was raining so you couldn't see much plus i got an error when i tried uploading, will take some more tomorrow evening after work :)

Here are some pics, not great as it's ****ing it down..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Won't let me upload the rest, says error this upload failed..anyway i'm happy with it just need some new sidelights now lol these are sooo yellow compared to the hids

Speaking from the experience please please buy some decent LED side lights (like Philips or Osram) as the cheap ones from eBay will start to flicker after one or two weeks. Been there and spent way too much money on the cheapo ones, I then decided to spent £20 on the Philips ones which have 12 years warranty and been fitted to my car for over a year with no issues at all. They also look great and match my HIDs.

Matty

• Like 1

Speaking from the experience please please buy some decent LED side lights (like Philips or Osram) as the cheap ones from eBay will start to flicker after one or two weeks. Been there and spent way too much money on the cheapo ones, I then decided to spent £20 on the Philips ones which have 12 years warranty and been fitted to my car for over a year with no issues at all. They also look great and match my HIDs.

Matty

I already ordered some cheap ones last night but will keep that in mind, thanks... Only £1.99 a pair but think they have 6 months warranty

I already ordered some cheap ones last night but will keep that in mind, thanks... Only £1.99 a pair but think they have 6 months warranty

The warranty is more effort than its with. I bought some cheap ones, they broke, i contacted the seller who said he'd like photographs of them, then said post them back to him (at my expense). At which point i didnt bother. The costs incurred by myself to post them, plus the hassle of it wasnt worth it for a £2 item.

So now all the leds in my car are from HIDS direct, and thats all ill use.

Not had a problem yet, fingers crossed.

The warranty is more effort than its with. I bought some cheap ones, they broke, i contacted the seller who said he'd like photographs of them, then said post them back to him (at my expense). At which point i didnt bother. The costs incurred by myself to post them, plus the hassle of it wasnt worth it for a £2 item.

So now all the leds in my car are from HIDS direct, and thats all ill use.

Not had a problem yet, fingers crossed.

Really? That's annoying..so far i've only had one problem which was with my numberplate led but got a refund for it so ordered new ones and have been fine since but it depends who you buy from i guess, my hid kit is from hids direct so i'm glad i got it from there
  • Like 1