Water in drivers footwell

Jesus what a run around you got, what was the problem in the end and i am likely to be looking out (somehow) when/if i go and look for a Mk3 VRS ? I know my Mk1 Fabia had a similar problem but am amazed that a car costing this much and this new could still have a similar design fault.

Yes dashboard came out plus a fair bit of the internal furniture in order to replace the sodden carpet which is a single piece.

There were two seam welding issues blamed on a robot during manufacture, first was found pretty quickly, second took forever.

Have had the car for a couple of weeks since it was put back together and it has been back to the dealer a few times due to a few niggles arising out of the reassemble and one or two other minor issues, scratches, dinks and rust. 

I'm not overly concerned as we did get some seriously acceptable monetary compensation, however, my wife who has done most of the trips back and phone calls to the dealer is majorly ****ed over the whole saga and her current paranoia knows no bounds.

Yes dashboard came out plus a fair bit of the internal furniture in order to replace the sodden carpet which is a single piece.

There were two seam welding issues blamed on a robot during manufacture, first was found pretty quickly, second took forever.

Have had the car for a couple of weeks since it was put back together and it has been back to the dealer a few times due to a few niggles arising out of the reassemble and one or two other minor issues, scratches, dinks and rust. 

I'm not overly concerned as we did get some seriously acceptable monetary compensation, however, my wife who has done most of the trips back and phone calls to the dealer is majorly ****ed over the whole saga and her current paranoia knows no bounds.

I don't blame her,I'd point blank refuse to accept a car back if it was found to have had seam welds missed,never mind the major leaks.I think I'd have insisted on the compensation money plus a replacement car to err on the side of safety.

New car replacements, second hand replacements, a full refund and getting the car back with compensation were all discussed, but in the end we decided the best option was to get our car back with a sizeable cash compensation payment. Essentially the fault was a very minor one, and rectifying it a short job in the workshop, however discovering it was what proved to be the time issue. Now that it has been resolved I'm not anticipating any real problems associated with it, so I'm happy to get the car back. Apart from this issue the car is great drive and I really like it still, obviously if another problem crops up in the coming months I may change my entire view on it.

• 1 year later...

Bringing up an old post, I have found I am getting moisture/damp carpet under my drivers floor mat. It doesn't seem to be post rain, rather post driving and having the air con on. My understanding was the aircon condensation run off was the passenger side?

I have had this recently, , but believe I have found the source of the problem. y driver's carpet was soaked through, and I also noticed the small plastic "bin fitted to the driver's seat was full of water. I believe the problem was caused by the silver foil type windscreen cover I was using on frosty nights. The cover is kept in place by trapping it in the doors and I believe was allowing the water to bypass the door seals then run down the cover onto the footwell and into the plastic "bin". I have , as a precaution, changed the pollen filter (really needed it), checked all the drain holes and tested it with a hosepipe. I will try to find an alternative windscreen cover or just tolerate scraping it on frosty mornings. My Octy is a mk 2 but thought it worth mentioning

Water definitely increases with driving/post when sitting. My coolant level has dropped and warning light has come on, not sure if related. 

Car is booked on on next Friday to be assessed, service manager thought possibly AC run off issue. 

• 1 month later...

Reviving this post.

Just took the floor mats out for a good vacuum from my 2014 Octavia MK3. They were dry but the carpet under the drivers side mat was damp. Decided to pull up carpet a bit to investigate only to find that it was very wet underneath...the underside of the carpet was dripping and the white foam stuff has acted like a sponge and full of water (water can be squeezed out easily). I don't have a sunroof and there is no debris blocking the vents and windscreen runoff. My wife has been telling me that the car has been a bit smelly over the past few weeks but I haven't checked it out. The car has a few months of warranty left so I'm thinking its a dealer problem.  I read it could have something to do with a blocked A/C runoff.

Appreciate any help.

• 5 months later...

I'll too drag up an old post!

Mine's been smelly and a bit damp for a while but this morning I looked under the mat on the drivers side...wow...soaked. To the point that pushing my fingers into the carpet forces quite a lot of water out!

Called Skoda...extended manufacturer warranty bought when I bought the car covers it...so in it goes! Fingers crossed it's easy.

• 3 months later...