Interior lights

Let me declare my OCD first... I don't like yellow light. I don't understand why manufacturers put all these lovely xenon and LED lights on new cars and then tarnish them with yellow interior bulbs.

So I'm on a mission to change the interior lights to white LED jobbies, anyone brought the superskoda ones? I don't get how they fit.

Or has anyone else tried anything else?

Just ordered a set from LEDPERF - full interior set and rear number plate lights. Fully understand your OCD! Hate the yellow lighting.

• Like 1

Just ordered a set from LEDPERF - full interior set and rear number plate lights. Fully understand your OCD! Hate the yellow lighting.

Very nice. Let us know, how it goes with install...

I have every single light on the car replaced with LEDs (except the front indicators) - all bought from Ledperf.

Am about to undertake the footwell light retrofit, and put some green footwell ambient lighting in!

• Like 1

Will do, should be fairly straightforward - I see some other members have already bought this kit and it comes with a cd with all the installation info

I've only had the car a week and I've replaced all the interior lights, the mirror lights, the rear number plate light and rear indicators with LEDs. I've also added footwell lighting.

I used the footwell kit from bald sport but didn't reckon much to the LED bulbs. For everything else I used the kit from led perf and added the footwell option to replace the bald sport bulbs.

The kit comes with a CD that contains a pdf in French but the pictures are enough. Probably took about 15 mins to change everything apart from the initial fitment of the footwell loom.

db1a19b2853095f5e91cd84a0e44936d.jpg

9730530bb93dadf2f6a83a024e35dbf3.jpg

• Like 1

I've only had the car a week and I've replaced all the interior lights, the mirror lights, the rear number plate light and rear indicators with LEDs. I've also added footwell lighting.

I used the footwell kit from bald sport but didn't reckon much to the LED bulbs. For everything else I used the kit from led perf and added the footwell option to replace the bald sport bulbs.

The kit comes with a CD that contains a pdf in French but the pictures are enough. Probably took about 15 mins to change everything apart from the initial fitment of the footwell loom.

db1a19b2853095f5e91cd84a0e44936d.jpg

9730530bb93dadf2f6a83a024e35dbf3.jpg

Love those booth lights ordered a set myself...how does the booth light pop out do they pull straight out?

Nice to know I'm not the only one then! I like the idea of adding footwell lighting, I'll have to look into that.

There is a thread linked from the VCDS tried and tested tweaks for the Oct 3 for footwell lighting

does anyone know what the exterior mirror lights are in this pack...

http://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-interior-full-led-pure-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4942.html

?

They are the ones you can see in my photo above. They are a perfect match for the pure white of all the other lamps.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what they looked like, but I recall then having 4 LEDs pointing down to the ground even installed.

does anyone know what the exterior mirror lights are in this pack...

http://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-interior-full-led-pure-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4942.html

I bought that pack, plus a swag of others (LED numberplate lights, LED reversing lights, LED indicators, LED Fogs, LED Sidelight in xenons)

From Left to right - Mirror lights, Footwell lights/Glovebox lights, Front roof lights (i.e. the map lights above the gearstick that you can click on or off, or have on "door")

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h343/gtr2734/IMG_20141229_185921.jpg

Edited by GTR27
  • Like 1

What are the little lights above the gear stick lights that are always on? These are different from the door controlled lights.

I can't seem to turn these off

You can't turn them off. They're ambient, sometimes called submarine, lights. I find they add a nice glow in the cockpit and miss them when I drive cars without them. I find they do stop the cabin being too dark. It may be me but I find I'm less fatigued at night in cars with them.

The common way to stop them if they're not to your liking seems to be too put blutack over them[emoji1]

BTW I'm a bit disturbed by the fact that footwell lights are always on with lights, even when the car is cruising.

The driver is supposed to be able to move his feet even without having a light assist...

You can turn them off in the infotainment under the lighting section.  You can also control how bright they are when acting as ambient lights.  Opening the doors causes them to go to 100% brightness and they go back to the preset level/off when the doors are closed.

Well, the kit arrived yesterday from LedPerf (ordered 22/12 so not bad from France with Xmas in between). 

Great presentation; all lights were bagged into groups for the different fittings. I replaced glove box, boot lights, footwell lights, all roof interior lights, door mirror boarding/puddle lights and rear number plate lights. Have to say, really straightforward - the kit was waiting for me when I got home from work, had all bar the door mirror lights fitted and working by 6.30pm. The tear-down on the door mirrors isn't one to undertake in subzero temperatures and the pitch dark!

The main interior lights need to be fitted the right way round to work, nothing has required coding via VCDS, which is nice. I finished off the retrofit with the door mirror lights this morning - took a little longer - followed the SuperSkoda youtube vid and pulled the glass out first (different to the LedPerf pdf instructions). As others have said before take a deep breath and go for it! 

If I get chance tonight, I'll take some snaps - definitely a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion - so much better than the yellow standard light bulbs.

• Like 1

Steve I've gotta say, I was more than impressed with LedPerm when I used them for all my front lights, speed of delivery, quality of products and zero errors, you can't really ask for much more can you, O a bit cheaper but then you'd be in the Chinesse situation, different colours, errors, returns a Fn nightmare.  No thanks !

Any chance you can list the bulbs required and a rough figure they cost ?

Regards

T

I changed my exterior lights (side lights, exterior mirror lights, boot lights, number plate lights) to 1-CREE LED "bulbs".

They are very bright, the light output is minimum 200% compared to the original w5w bulb.

You can see the results by clicking on the links:

http://forum.index.hu/Article/viewArticle?a=133000538&t=9029418

http://forum.index.hu/Article/viewArticle?a=132884806&t=9029418

http://forum.index.hu/Article/viewArticle?a=132542232&t=9029418

Side lights and number plate lights need coding via VCDS. They work without coding but there's an error message on dash.

Personally I don't like the cool white inside the car so I left the interior lights unchanged.

Exterior mirrors need some heating up before disassembly to prevent damage to the plastic.

I'm well impressed with the kit.  The white is perfect and matches the overhead ambient LEDs and looks really good when fitted.  

followed the SuperSkoda youtube vid and pulled the glass out first (different to the LedPerf pdf instructions). As others have said before take a deep breath and go for it! 

The advantage of the LED-Perf way is that by taking the back cover off the mirror you can release the clips that hold the mirror glass in place so it doesn't really require any force to remove the glass and minimizes the chances of breaking the glass.  That guy in the SuperSkoda video is a bit ham-fisted for my liking  :sweat:

From the LED-Perf website, a installation CD is included with videos on how to replace the bulbs. If so, would somebody mind sharing these on Youtube or some other video streaming site? Only had the car for 2 days and don't want to wreck any trims in the process.