NAMING YOUR CAR

Shanco

My current Superb II - "Sergei" 

My current Octavia I - "Hygs" (Reg no has HYG in it)

My current Fiat Panda - "Noddy"

Previously :-

Superb I "duggie" diesel

"Percy" Polo

"Samantha" Saab

"Peter" Passat

Ummmm - no name here.

My wife has a sort of naming system - she refers to her VW Up as the the Puppy and the Superb as the Big Dog.

"Puppy" is probably because the Up is cute, fun easy to manage and she would forgive it if it takes a dump in the drive. The "Big Dog" is intimidating as it is a bit long. Women don't always like the extra length, no matter what your buddies tell you down the pub.

• Like 1

Skoda NZ did some adverts when the 'new' Skodas starting arriving about 10 years ago. The best ones were of gorgeous women with names like Gertrude, etc.

We only have one car so we call it 'the car'. If we get another I might call the Superb 'Yoda'.

11j97av.jpg

My wife calls my car the barge (or the boat). Barge as its long and narrow. It's handles pretty well for a big thing though so the boat isn't quite accurate. I'm back and forth London fairly regularly now and I'd have to say I wouldn't pick another car for the job.

• Like 1