Rolling Road day: Saturday 28th February - Group B Motorsport

alex_e3

Cheers mate :)

I've had a look but can't see a way to save them... only link to them. Can't even right click and save image.

Yes I think Dropbox is the way. You'll need to upload to that and give me access or something. I think I can pull them directly off there then. My email address registered to Dropbox is [email protected]

Thanks for organising and was a good day, impressed by your 'little' Fabias. Just need to sort out what's going on with mine, I'm on it though. Thanks again

Same here. I've concluded 310 is simply not enough!
  • Like 1

Thanks for organising and was a good day, impressed by your 'little' Fabias. Just need to sort out what's going on with mine, I'm on it though. Thanks again

What do you think was the cause of achieving less than you thought?

Steve is just bitter after having trouble with the little diesels on the way down ;) Lovely motor though :) [emoji106]

• Like 1

What do you think was the cause of achieving less than you thought?

Steve is just bitter after having trouble with the little diesels on the way down ;) Lovely motor though :) [emoji106]

Unfortunately I'm thinking some kind of compression issue, which would potentially explain loss of power and why cylinders aren't firing smoothly on the chart, even though it drives ok. I don't think the map is at fault to be honest, I fear something mechanical at play...

When was the last time it was serviced? Could be a plug or a lead starting to breakdown causing the issues.

Unusual for the 1.8T's to suffer with compression issues compared with the well documented ignition problems they have with coil packs etc.

Obviously, key would be to do a wet and dry compression test and see what results are, before spending any money on other things. I assume theres no EML light on or anything?

No lights, no misfire, smooth running. Had new lazer iridium 2 months ago gapped at 0.7 and new coil packs under the recall at the same time. I too would be surprised if compression, think my first step is check the logs and explore maf and map sensors. Apparently a struggling maf can cause a power drop without any of the usual running issues you'd associate with such a problem. The car is well maintained and looked after, could be a lead issue but again, no real running problems to speak of. If the logs and sensor explorations don't show anything I'll try compression test.