Rolling Road day: Saturday 28th February - Group B Motorsport

alex_e3

It's alright mate, I'll probably be giving it the quick once over in the morning too!

If the weather is poo then we may need to pop to a jet wash quickly to spray off any crud ha ha!

May end up leaving it till I'm local to the RR as I have about an 1hr 1/2 drive down first which it will just get manky once again.

Shouldn't be a problem should it??

Can they cause issues or something?

It was for me, but then I'm expecting to see >300 bhp and 300 lb/ft.

The worst that happens is they slip, get too warm and sticky and then slip, and then disintegrate at mahoosive speed :)

You'll be fine. If they slip you'll just not get a measurement.

Just to let everyone know... I'll be bringing my laptop fully charged with me with VCDS Lite on it for anyone who needs to switch maps :thumbup:  (...and the right cable of course!)

Can we try and get everyone there for 10am...  We can get a group photo of the cars then, which is what PVW would like!

Is there a car wash close by? Mine is white, it's winter, and I've got about 50 miles to get there. A nice view it won't be!

There's one of those ARC car washes at Asda which is literally 2 minutes down the road and unmissable!

I'm sure they'd happily just pressure wash our cars if we asked them to. Definitely not driving through it or letting them put anything on my alloys!

It'll do for me. I'm not precious about my car, I do too many miles to worry about stone chips and scratched paint! It's only a bleedin' SEAT after all :)

FWIW I'll be leaving my parents gaff at around 9 am near Oswestry and I guess taking the 483 towards Chest Hairs and then the 55. Google maps says 53 minutes.

Perhaps meet up with Kev (Coskev) and Joe (vRS Joe), as they're gonna be around Oswestry and going together I believe. You can all collect me on the way then!

Be interesting to have a comparison with the Leon on the way too ;)

I'll be in Kinnerly this evening (about 5 miles from oswestry).

What time and where shall we meet?

Ignore the earlier address. The correct address for Group B is as follows...

85-87 Station Road,

Queensferry,

Deeside,

CH5 2TB.

The earlier one must have been their old premises.

I'll be in Kinnerly this evening (about 5 miles from oswestry).

What time and where shall we meet?

I'm in Rhostyllen near Wrexham, so I can meet you all as a convoy at the services opposite Dickens and Ford if you want? Kev, Joe...?? Time?

I finished work early, came home and sat down and fell asleep haha. Had mine cleaned on Weds so isn't too bad right now, quick rinse off at a jet wash will do the job come tomorrow morning

Where is that?

The Esso garage on the Mile End roundabout,outskirts of Oswestry,where the A5 joins the A483,if your coming in from the Welshpool direction its on your right,if your coming in from the, Shrewsbury direction its on your left :)