Rolling Road day: Saturday 28th February - Group B Motorsport

alex_e3

I have used Group B for to look after my Scooby for a few years. Can recommend them highly and know they're popular with that fraternity and for similar meets. Mazda UK also use them to look after their Heritage collection so they must be doing something right. :thumbup:

Enjoy your day there.

• Like 3

Ok guys, as it's getting close to the date, I figured I would post up the points that Richard at Group B said to me before we arrive...

Please make sure of the following...

• Oil level checked and topped up accordingly.
  • Coolant level checked.
  • Use V-Power for best results.

Richard has also asked that none of the cars are... quote... 'stupidly low'. We don't want any trouble with them actually getting onto the rollers!

Kick-off is 10am.

Richard has also kindly said he'll put on tea, coffee, biscuits and some cakes! :):thumbup:

Thanks all!

• Like 2

I like cake

I hope you said that in your head in a Father Jack type voice!?!!

You'll have to raise your low rider then baldy!!!! :D

Did he mention cars that don't boost until 3000rpm? :(

Mine will get on just fine Kevin ;) :P

Ha ha funnily enough no he didn't!

Drop me a deposit if you're coming on it ;)

• Like 1

Unfortunately Owainbedwyr has had to drop out. So there's a couple of places up for grabs...

1. alex_e3
2. Coskev
3. vRS Joe - deposit PAID
4. Southy - deposit PAID
5. Fletch101
6. Yellowcar - deposit PAID
7. TommyH - deposit PAID
8. Silky - deposit PAID
9. Nutski (Silky's friend) - deposit PAID
10. Faboka - deposit PAID

11. stever750 - deposit PAID

12. DarrellGB - deposit PAID

13. andy3270 - deposit PAID

Reserve list

Yes mate that's the one :)

Good news to hear there's gonna be someone else there to give Grandad some abuse ;)

Steady, Matt's older than me! :D

I'm getting a bit fed up of this ageist bullying tbh :(

• Like 1

Ok guys, some news...

Basically I decided to get in touch with Performance VW magazine to see if they'd be interested in doing a rolling road day feature on our cars. They replied with this today...

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2019.41.

:):thumbup:

So has anyone got a good camera that they could bring to the meet for 10am and be willing to take pictures all day and send them to me afterwards? If so then it looks like we can get a feature in the magazine :)  Good advertising for the club, Group B Motorsport, and John (Hidden Power) is but a bonus!

I'm willing to do a small write up of the day for them, and they can do with it as they please.

If everyone's happy to do this, can you all please send me the spec. list of your cars (just model and engine wise, not styling).

It's looking like it's gonna be a good day :)

• Like 3

Will sort a spec list out for you soon pal. Its good news about the mag wanting to do a feature.

Will ask my mate if he is off and get him along with me to take pics

Edited by Southy
  • Like 1

Never read this mag is it any good and do you get much skoda/seat articles.

Not really read it much to be fair. I know it's not just VW's it caters for though... more the VAG range. Hence why I thought I'd drop them a line...

Will sort a spec list out for you soon pal. Its good news about the mag wanting to do a feature.

Will ask my mate if he is off and get him along with me to take pics

That would be awesome if he could come along :)

Fletch has had to drop out late unfortunately...

1. alex_e3
2. Coskev
3. vRS Joe - deposit PAID
4. Southy - deposit PAID
5. Yellowcar - deposit PAID
6. TommyH - deposit PAID
7. Silky - deposit PAID
8. Nutski (Silky's friend) - deposit PAID
9. Faboka - deposit PAID

10. stever750 - deposit PAID

11. DarrellGB - deposit PAID

12. andy3270 - deposit PAID

Summer rubber going back on tomorrow morning (winters slipped on the rollers last time I tried it). 

I have a decent Canon DSLR which I'll bring, so another source of photos if needed.

Are we meeting at Group B?

• Like 1

Summer rubber going back on tomorrow morning (winters slipped on the rollers last time I tried it). 

I have a decent Canon DSLR which I'll bring, so another source of photos if needed.

Are we meeting at Group B?

Nice one Steve :)  Yes mate meet at Group B for just before 10am I reckon. I'll bring a couple of my memory cards so that I can take the pictures back with me and get them sorted with PVW.

If anyone is having trouble finding it, it's literally next to the big blue bridge and opposite the Toyota dealership. You can't miss it, as there's a big sign with Group B on it!

Just to let everyone know... I'll be bringing my laptop fully charged with me with VCDS Lite on it for anyone who needs to switch maps :thumbup:  (...and the right cable of course!)

Can we try and get everyone there for 10am...  We can get a group photo of the cars then, which is what PVW would like!