Rolling Road day: Saturday 28th February - Group B Motorsport

alex_e3

Evening all!

I need to get my cars on the rollers to see what it's pushing out since the new turbo, so I figured I would see about organising a rolling road day somewhere local to where I'm based, as I know there's a few local lads on here that would be up for it.

I'm putting this post up to gauge the numbers of people that would be interested. Then if there's at least 5 or so I can go and get a quote off a couple of places.

Here's what I'm thinking...

• Rolling Road day - all cars and makes welcome.
  • Some time in February to be agreed by all.
  • Location - near to Wrexham, North East Wales.

I would say to go to CC Tuning like we did last time, but the rolling road has been changed since then, and it was a bit of a trek!

There's a place in Buckley and a place in Deeside, both of which I've been recommended. Obviously I'm sure the more cars the better price wise.

I'm open to recommendations on where to approach. Ideally I don't think anyone wants anywhere with over-optimistic equipment though!

Can we have some discussion on who's up for it and more importantly when?...

Thanks all!

Alex :)

• Like 1

As stated in the NW section I will be up for it if my car is all sorted out by then, failing that will be nice to put names to faces and meet more fellow Briskodians.

Yep deffo Motorsport Developments in Blackpool. Nothing to do with it being a mile from my door.... honest :D

But it is good equipment. Not a great deal of space though around the building. Not sure how much DemonTweeks charge? If they have a rr that ism

Will be up for this :)

Yep deffo Motorsport Developments in Blackpool. Nothing to do with it being a mile from my door.... honest :D

But it is good equipment. Not a great deal of space though around the building. Not sure how much DemonTweeks charge? If they have a rr that ism

No RR at Tweeks :)

Here's the 2 places that I've been recommended...

Ecotech Performance:   http://ecotechperformance.co.uk/rolling-road-dyno/

Group B Motorsport:   https://www.silverstoneautosport.co.uk/rolling-road-a-mapping

I'd rather keep a location as central as possible to those that are interested....

Runcorn doesn't sound like a bad shout. I think Blackpool is quite far for me personally though. Where's this Viezu based? As there's loads of them from a quick search I've done...

I'm sure I told you the other week but I'm definitely up for this. Perfect timing for once my GTB is on the car.

Group B Motorsport sounds good it's literally 5 mins from my house haha

Ok thanks for the input guys :)

I've been having some discussion with Group B. They have a really good reputation around here. They've come back with the following...

• Group B Motorsport, Deeside, North Wales.
  • £45 for 6-10 cars.
  • £40 for 10-15.
  • 2 power runs each.
  • 10am start.

They replied really promptly to me and seem excellent to deal with. They invited me to go and have a look about their workshop if I wanted too. They can also put some food on for us they mentioned too!

It's a little more than some places charge, but it seems like a top place and it's a fairly central location for most in this area.

I'm going to set the date as Saturday 28th February, as they have ok'd this with me. Should be a good meet to advertise the club and meet some new members etc...

I'm pretty confident that we should be able to get 10 at a very minimum! So can we please get a list going so that I can get a good idea on numbers. so I can let them know

1.   alex_e3