Winter Grill

johna-23

im still trying to get a black grill insert to get rid of the chrome, but added the Heko winter grill. It really adds the stealth look and is a doddle to fit!

No difference to the running temperature, possibly a slightly quicker warm up time. Also added the wind deflectors a while ago, they are very good!

post-45209-0-00799000-1420014697_thumb.jpgpost-45209-0-49103500-1420014718_thumb.jpgpost-45209-0-78658000-1420014745_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have the winter cover, and I think it's good. It really looks better in real life than in pictures.

I'd say engine reach operating temperature a bit faster. What is more important is protect what it gives. Less dirt and salt for radiator and engine compartment.

Be careful when you tighten it, especially when weather is cold. It could split if you tighten it too much.

Edited by Emil

I'm not sure that someone not having the same viewpoint as you makes them a troll? We're all entitled to an opinion surely...

Don't like, don't comment! That's what i do!!! This is a forum for contribution and help, not criticism and mockery!

• Like 1

Sorry really not my cup of tea.

IMHO makes it look very bland, almost "UP" like.

Suppose it stops crud getting in the front of the engine bay area.

Horses for courses ;)

Wow,,,, didn't realise that there are forum trolls here WTF

I'm not sure that someone not having the same viewpoint as you makes them a troll? We're all entitled to an opinion surely...

Don't like, don't comment! That's what i do!!! This is a forum for contribution and help, not criticism and mockery!

Defenderben's comment isn't criticism or mockery as far as I can see??? He doesn't agree with your viewpoint but says so politely...

From the dictionary:

forum
ˈfɔːrəm/  
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
  1. 1.
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Maybe you should lock the thread straight after posting if you don't want any opinions on what you post. Anyway, I'll bow out now...

Defenderben's comment isn't criticism or mockery as far as I can see??? He doesn't agree with your viewpoint but says so politely...

From the dictionary:

forum

ˈfɔːrəm/

noun

noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Maybe you should lock the thread straight after posting if you don't want any opinions on what you post. Anyway, I'll bow out now...

Haha, so there's someone trying to correct a teacher! Now this IS mockery! I know English Language quite well and if you realised that my comment followed two replies!!! So shall we discuss Maths also???

As I said, don't like, don't comment! Simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, so there's someone trying to correct a teacher! Now this IS mockery! I know English Language quite well and if you realised that my comment followed two replies!!! So shall we discuss Maths also???

As I said, don't like, don't comment! Simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you did comment...

Practical benefits aside, IMHO the winter grill looks unsightly on the Citigo - makes the front look totally bland and plasticy. Given it's already a small front there isn't a lot to distract from it.

For me there's no need, the OPs pictures are perfectly clear and give a good view of the grill in relation to the rest of the car's front.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

One example: I just bought Brodit phone holder for Citigo, even though it doesn't look good in pictures. Once it's fitted, it's perfect. Now I wonder why I struggled without it this far.

Close up pictures doesn't always make justice.

What's the point of it?

A winter grill helps the engine get up to temperature by reducing the amount of cold air flowing directly into the engine bay. It also helps keep some of the road grime, snow etc from being flung into the engine bay while driving etc.

They are useful, just not always good to look at (but definitely better looking than a lump of cardboard or foil).

• Like 1

im still trying to get a black grill insert to get rid of the chrome, but added the Heko winter grill. It really adds the stealth look and is a doddle to fit!

No difference to the running temperature, possibly a slightly quicker warm up time. Also added the wind deflectors a while ago, they are very good!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think it's just because I'm not used to it, but I'm not much of a fan of it. Practical though, and could look a whole lot worse. Works better on your Black Citigo than it would on the likes of mine, for example. Never seen these before, it's a first.