What is that?

Sandford23

post-122822-14200481995403_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the mechanics of the car. But I want to know if anyone knows why I seem to have a valve coming out of a pipe leading from my egr valve. Any help on this matter to enlighten me would be appreciated. Hopefully the picture helps people out. Will be willing to take more if anyone needs it.

Is it ok as it is then it should it be capped off?

Also noticed that my car seems to be "over revving" the best way to describe it is as if your constantly on ice. The revs pick up but there is no acceleration. Then a few seconds later it all catches up. It does this from 3rd up.

Is it ok as it is then it should it be capped off?

Also noticed that my car seems to be "over revving" the best way to describe it is as if your constantly on ice. The revs pick up but there is no acceleration. Then a few seconds later it all catches up. It does this from 3rd up.

Cap it off, otherwise it will be leaking boost.

Does sound like the clutch is toast unfortunately.

• Like 1

First off welcome.

That spigot should be capped off. Otherwise it's leaking boosted air.

It does read like your clutch is bad. Would suggest contacting Unit18 and/or Jabbasport. Neither are particularly close. Would also make sense to change the DMF at the same time, given the labour cost of replacing the clutch.

First off welcome.

It does read like your clutch is bad. Would suggest contacting Unit18 and/or Jabbasport. Neither are particularly close. Would also make sense to change the DMF at the same time, given the labour cost of replacing the clutch.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely need to be getting in touch with people as my MOT is fast approaching. Where are unit 18 and jabbasport located?

I'd guess your car has been remapped too, seeing as the previous owner had a boost gauge fitted.

Euro car parts have a valeo single mass flywheel and clutch kit for £323 at the moment

How would I be able to tell for sure that my car has been remapped as I have seen no paper work for it.

And ill definitely look into that thanks.

First off welcome.

Would suggest using forums and google etc to find tuners and respected garages near you.

Jabbasport - Crowland, NE-ish of Peterborough

Unit18 - NW of Milton Keynes. Down the lane next to "The Galleon" pub on Old Wolverton Road.

I thought my clutch was slipping as mine was doing the exact same thing, then my boost pipe popped off, I then repaired & since its not happened (fingers crossed!) I put mine down to a boost leak?

Well I hope this is it then. As I really can't afford a new clutch and everyone has said that my boost pipe looks like it's lose. And to say that surely if have felt something gradually happening and not just an all of a sudden change if it was my clutch.

I'll be having a look at my boost pipe tomorrow so I'll let you know. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

Me and a mate have just spent the last hour now looking at my boost pipe and it seems that the pipe itself feels very lose. Takes minimal effort to move it slightly.

However once we had pushed it back into place and took it out the problem didn't occur in 3rd like before but then did in 4th. Pulled over and the pipe was loose again.

So is there a clip I could get to see if it will hold it shut or should I get a new pipe as I really wanna check all options before admitting it's the clutch. [emoji6]