Debadging.

Jon TDI

Debadge or not?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Debadge or not?

• Yeah, debadge the lot - smoothly does it.
    • No don't do it - Are you ashamed?
    • Leave the Skoda roundel & relocate the vRS badge.
    • Debadge but leave the Skoda roundel.

I did think about spelling out 'Fabia vRS' using different style letters' date=' I like Ford's latest badging font for example. But I didn't know if I could get all the letters I needed and thought it might come across as a bit c-h-a-v ? Hmmm :rubchin:

Steve[/quote']

You'd be able to get R S no probs but as for the V.... not sure.

What abaout VW badges?? Find a Sharran and you'd be sorted!!

(I know this might sound a bit s-h-i-t/c-h-a-v but what about Vauxhall badges?? Find a Corsa and again you'd have the required letters.....)

It mighy be worth your while going round with a digi camera and spending a bit of time on Photo-shop.......??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have taken off the Fabia and vRS badges, and think it looks MUCH better and cleaner for it. Also easier to clean. :thumbup:

I love the Skoda badge though, infact I'd quite like a 3ft decal in silver or white to put across the sides!

:rofl:

I have taken off the Fabia and vRS badges' date=' and think it looks MUCH better and cleaner for it. Also easier to clean. :thumbup:

I love the Skoda badge though, infact I'd quite like a 3ft decal in silver or white to put across the sides!

:rofl:[/quote']

took off my superb badge..looks whole lot better

Guest Fabia 12v

Can I just ask how people get their badges off? I've removed the comfort ones on the side and found it a right pain in the ****... the damn glue left behind. Any tips?

Can I just ask how people get their badges off? I've removed the comfort ones on the side and found it a right pain in the ****... the damn glue left behind. Any tips?

Bit of heat from a hairdryer, then gently prised them off with an old credit card. Then used some WD40 to remove any glue residue. That should be you sorted :thumbup:

Steve

Guest Fabia 12v
Bit of heat from a hairdryer' date=' then gently prised them off with an old credit card. Then used some WD40 to remove any glue residue. That should be you sorted :thumbup:

Steve[/quote']

WD40 :thumbup: I tried the cleybar stuff to rub it off... will try this next time, cheers

There's only holes left when you remove the Skoda badge - the Fabia and vRS badges are stuck on with adhesive.

Only option I can see if you're removing the Skoda badge is to fill it with primer, smooth and repaint :eek:

For the re-application of the other badges, just buy some new adhesive. B&Q or similar should stock something suitable.

Steve

i removed the OCTAVIA badge from the back of my car today.

I really like it without it.

What do you lot think?

I also got rid of the "elegance" badges from the side of the front wings.

i removed the OCTAVIA badge from the back of my car today.

I really like it without it.

What do you lot think?

I also got rid of the "elegance" badges from the side of the front wings.

I think that looks good - but personally I'd take the '20V' off as well, to just leave the Skoda badge.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...