Educating Lazybones on PID

Camlep

Long story cut short, I'm too lazy to experiment if it's not going to be worth my while... so wondered if anyone here had done it.

I notice there's a USB lead for PID to be connected to a computer. But I can't be bothered actually bringing it in to try it, just in case it does nothing interesting! :D

What - if anything - can you do to the PID after having it plugged into a computer.

(This post could also be more precise and elaborated upon... but I'm eh... too lazy for that too :D )

I changed the loading screen on mine, I can't find the photo I took of it on the actual PID screen, but this is what pops up:

wallpaper_zpsbed162f6.png

Quite like the idea of being able to do this... Small things. 

• Like 1

It's well worth doing. If you download the 'Fresh' app and set up an account, it gives access to firmware and map updates, as well as things like speed camera info.

Do it when you're not in a hurry though, as the map updates take ages.

Liking the custom start page, btw. Might have to have a go at that myself.....

Edited by Citigopher

I'm pretty sure that there's a mobile app for this so you don't need to remove it from the car. I find that the battery runs down pretty quickly when not in the car.

Fred

• Like 1

I would say you should plug it in every now and then to get the firmware/software updates, they will fix any problems.

For example, my PID wouldn't read my phone's texts until after an update. They can also make the Bluetooth perform a bit better too.

I guess it depends if you rely on it at all though.

My Garmin is up to date and still wouldn't read texts (iPhone 5) until I turned on Notifications in the Bluetooth settings on the phone [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, explain how?!??

You go into Settings > Bluetooth > Car Phone( if that's how it's called in your phone) > press information on the right hand side > show notifications [emoji106]

68c04164a392b9e528cf5cbbfdae3811.jpg

Hope that helps [emoji4]

• Like 1

You go into Settings > Bluetooth > Car Phone( if that's how it's called in your phone) > press information on the right hand side > show notifications [emoji106]

68c04164a392b9e528cf5cbbfdae3811.jpg

Hope that helps [emoji4]

Idly curious... what iPhone have you got? I've got a 4s, only updated as far as the first release of ios8. Not updated to the most recent version. Is that what I need to do? :D

Okay, so I've created the BMP file called 'wallpaper' and want to set it as my start-up screen. How do I do this? 
I can't find a way to do it short of replacing the file in the directory, but that didn't work earlier. Sorry - genuinely stuck! :D

Right actually, a few things I have a question about:

1) I have it now showing my custom start-up screen, but after a while it cuts that to "Skoda Navigation". Is it impossible to stop it from showing the Skoda Navigation logo, rather than just continuing to show my custom start-up wallpaper?

2) I have enabled 'show notifications' on my iPhone, and updated PID. However, on the PID when I go to text inbox, it says it cannot load? Wondered if Stormchaser would have any further information on how to get it to work!? I have got this to work now, woo-hoo! :D 

Edited by Camlep

Right actually, a few things I have a question about:

1) I have it now showing my custom start-up screen, but after a while it cuts that to "Skoda Navigation". Is it impossible to stop it from showing the Skoda Navigation logo, rather than just continuing to show my custom start-up wallpaper?

2) I have enabled 'show notifications' on my iPhone, and updated PID. However, on the PID when I go to text inbox, it says it cannot load? Wondered if Stormchaser would have any further information on how to get it to work!? I have got this to work now, woo-hoo! :D 

:no: as far as I know you can't change the Skoda Navigation page

Just read this. Well done[emoji106]

Is it all ok now ?

Yea, I got it all working! Driving home this morning and had several texts read allowed to me, including one that simply said "woo". (My PID's voice attempt at sounding enthusiastic was comical! :D )

:no: as far as I know you can't change the Skoda Navigation page

Ah well, at least my start-up screen looks cool! 

10922536_1089856117707226_36133727974761

• Like 2

I posted 2 weeks ago on Saturday that I had bought a pid on fleabay from somebody who reckoned they got one free with an elegance and didn't need it. I have had to take out a dispute as I still haven't had it. First of all he said it was too snowy to go to the post office. Then he said he would post it Friday. He actually posted it Tuesday bloody second class signed for. Now somebody had been here all week, except for today. Guess when they tried to deliver ggggrrrr. Got to collect from s sorting Office tomorrow. God I hope it works. And I hope his next poo's a hedgehog!

• Like 1