Paint warranty

Mwhippet

My 56 plate vrs is just starting to get a little rust bubble on one of the rear arches ... In the service book it says skoda gives a 10 year paint and corrosion warranty has anyone ever had theres done under warranty at this age I'm expecting them to tell me to jog on when I get round to going in to see about it thanks

I had one sill on my 54 plate done last year, they wouldn't do the other side because the paint was too thick, apparently this signifies that a previous repair had been done and therefore invalidates the warranty. Sadly the quality of their work meant I still had to repaint the side that they did myself about four months later. Not impressed, I hope you are a little more lucky.

mine was bubbling but still completely unbroken paint on the sills - they claimed it was stone chip damage though - i hate warranties when they arent worth the paper theyre written on!

I've not had it done on my Fabia yet but I had it done on my Ford Fiesta years ago. Some dealers can be more strict than others and sometimes if it doesn't have full service history and the relevant paint inspection parts ticked off in the paperwork they won't honour the warranty. If one dealer won't do it try another though! May as well make use of it if you can but if it's down to a stone chip, scratch or something similar they won't usually touch it. Has to be rusting from the inside out or from under the paint in most cases.

• 4 weeks later...

Little up date I finally managed to get to skoda (work and life got in the way) built up a case for the paint warranty the lacquer peel on the spoiler isn't covered apparently will hear back within 30 days and they will provide a car for me at a cost of £10 a day

Little up date I finally managed to get to skoda (work and life got in the way) built up a case for the paint warranty the lacquer peel on the spoiler isn't covered apparently will hear back within 30 days and they will provide a car for me at a cost of £10 a day

Are you having a new tailgate?

Not sure they will get your old spoiler off without damaging it, so should get a new one, which will obviously need painting ;)

That's was my thinking but I wasn't gunna argue ha ha and he didn't say new or a respray either way I'm sure it will need painting to match ?? We will wait and see

As far as I'm aware the spoiler is tiger sealed on so not sure it comes off and on but what do I know ha ha [emoji13]

• 2 months later...