Had to share this about the awesome VRS and the look on the other guys face..

I find it very amusing when people in "bigger & better" cars think they are the mutts nutts.  I drive down the A516 every morning which is a single carriage lane goes to a dual.  This morning for example I had some BMW not sure which one as they look all the same, up my back end I was doing 60 and wouldn't go any quicker, he tried to over take, I put my foot down he gets behind, tries for a second time (after a car goes past us on the opposite side) I again put my foot down.  He gets behind me and flashes his lights I ignore this because I know what's coming up...drop to Sport look in my mirror and wave, then boot it, got about a mile and half of getting away from this loon and get behind traffic, he eventually catches up and pulls along side me looks in disgust and drives off while ive got a big grin on my face. :D

I used to be like this ^^^^^ having fun at other drivers expense in my little warm hatch/estate.

Why did you put your foot down when he wanted to over take when you already said you didnt want to go above 60? Maybe im missing something... but its like you have to prove your skoda isnt slow or something? He prob just wanted to get on with his journey and didnt care in the slightest what you were driving. Sure he is sitting on your bumper, but why not let him sit up someone elses bumper and have him overtake you if you dont like it? (not trying to provoke anything, I just cant see why you would do that?)

But now I'm a little older and have swapped the VRS for a BMW, I'm now like this ^^^^^^ I'm not bothered about what others are driving, I'm not trying to prove a point. If I come up behind a hot hatch that's cruising along, I want past it to carry on with my journey at the pace I want to go at. Not to make sure he knows that I know I took him like a king.

Revelation moment..... Maybe its not the fact people see a Skoda or VRS and think 'I must prove a point to that young man' maybe it's just ' I need to go a little faster than this to get to where I need to be, let's overtake where safe to do so'

• Like 3

I set of on every long trip (even short ones) vowing to be mature and sensible and Hypermile the whole journey, let the car warm up first.

I can take 1 or 2 tailgaters or just annoying drivers then it becomes wacky races.

Sometimes its before getting out of the 40 mph limit!!!

Never if a passenger is there, 

but then it is so frustrating as somebody wants to be in your space behind the line of cars you are behind, 

yet you are waiting to go for it, and they are never going to make it. (assumption.)

• Like 1

Absolutely love hearing these stories.. just the look on some folks faces.. i just cant help myself really most of the time, i did have an Audi S1 (not the TFSI) with some young lad and a young girl in there he was clearly trying to impress and i had to burn him at the lights just for S&G to be honest, but i really dont think anything will beat the astra getting absolutely smoked at lights..

Sorry George, I just re read my comment and actually got confused myself. I'm in a Fabia, the Astra was the one at the roundabout the first one I said about and after my meal with my Mrs on the way home I pulled up against an Audi A1, but not a TFSI :) hope that clears it up mate..

I often get to the stage where taking on other drivers gets so easy pointing in the same direction as the other car it becomes boring

So I drop back a bit, pull a handbrake turn, slap it in reverse and take the other car on the inside

The look on their face is absolutely priceless

:)

Genuine story.......honest

• Like 3