RNS510 update

mikeyfraser20

Is that a unit fitted to the car originally? Or a later unit? If it is a later unit I don't think its a revision A despite the A in the part number (confusingly).

And I presume you mean firmware update?

If part number ends in 'A' then I believe it's a revision 'C'.

Don't let that worry you; download a copy of 4020 (4120 if you really want radio text) from 'My GTi' website (I'll post links later) and burn that to a CD as slow as you can.

No picture!  10x speed is probably is at the limit of as fast as you should go, and if you can't go lower, so be it I guess.  Make sure you verify the disc creation.

Dam I tried it on my work pc. Don't no why tapatalk won't let me when I have a email set up already. Okay hopefully KBPhoto will post a link for that one. Will that allow me to have 7 digit postcode? I don't think it will go lower. What's best CD burner to use?

I use imgburn (free) on the firmware which can be downloaded from www.rnsfirmware.com.  Pretty sure you can go for the 4120 with that part number, allowing 7 digit entry.

Isn't there? I'm surprised as I thought it was just cosmetic differences between all RNS510 units. On the ones I have seen its always in the middle at the bottom.

Just saw one the Seat one you have on eBay and everyday is a schoolday!! There is definitely no slot as you say. Seems strange though, why have a HDD if its not easily accessible??