Quick question - Car Jack

Picked up my car this afternoon and while I was putting stuff in the boot at home I noticed that there was no car jack. I do not have a space saver just the gunk fix so just wondering if there should be a jack, my previous Honda with the gunk had a jack as well as my wife's Civic.

Cheers

Ian

Most owners face the same problem unless they've been able to select the spare wheel option when ordering. You should be able to get a spare wheel kit that includes the jack and wheel brace and comes with the foam insert too, but make sure you get a spare that will fit over your front calipers as not all spares will be big enough-the mk2 vRS needed a 16" tyre, but I think the mk3 needs an even bigger one so best ask your dealer

I don't know if the situation has improved but late last year Skoda was not supplying official spare wheels except with a new car order.  Some of the guys went for a cheap alloy and an off the shelf jack and others sourced a genuine VAG item (18" skinny) for other models such as the Scirocco, Leon etc.

Maybe the foam Skoda supply doesn't require the wheel to be lifted and rotated whilst filling. Some do.

Probably get a jack off internet if you want one

More to the point - how is the new Race Blue TSI vRS Estate?

For the short time I have driven it I am well pleased, performance is great and luckily my good lady preferred it over the Leon ST.

Auric goldfinger, don't suppose you have the part number for the space saver 18" and jack kit? I've done a quick search but can't find it even though I know I saw it the other day!