New engines/facelift

Have just been on SEAT website and the configurator has been updates with new EU6 models now. More engines, all new trim levels, facelift changes (indicators in mirrors, new head units, new - really nice - alloys, front parking sensors, KESSY, LED auto lights, etc, etc) and a pile of price rise. Top of the range now over £19k list with a few options...

Apart from the configurator, the rest of the website and the brochures are all unchanged and no mention of dates. I wonder how many of the offers will apply to the facelifted/EU6 cars? (I can guess...)

Cheers

Rog

• Like 1

This is what the dealer sent me. Not sure how much applies to Rapids.

Engines

All MY16 Toledos have EU6 engines and so come with start-stop as standard.

SE 1.4 TDI 90PS DSG

SE 1.6 TDI 115PS

Style 1.2 TSI 110PS

Style 1.6 TDI 115PS

The 1.6 TDI 115PS derivatives are EU6 versions of the MY15 Ecomotives, but they are no longer considered Ecomotives.

The new core range has been reduced to four derivatives. The following derivatives will be removed from the range due to low uptake:

• S 1.2 TSI 85PS

• S 1.2 TSI 105PS

• SE 1.6 TDI 90PS DSG

• SE 1.4 TSI 122PS DSG

The Toledo I-TECH special edition model has ended production and is no longer available. It is replaced with a new comfort led special edition model called ‘Style Advanced’:

Exterior:

• 17-inch alloy wheels (new design)

• KESSY (keyless entry and go)

• Front and rear parking sensors

• Rear LED taillights

• Specific front grill design

Interior:

• Grey Alcantara upholstery

• Gloss black dashboard inlays

• Illuminated dashboard

As part of the range review, some trims have been realigned:

• The MY15 S trim is now called SE – to be more aligned with competitor versions

• The MY15 SE trim is now called ‘Style’

New standard equipment

Exterior:

• Mirrors with side indicators

• Multi-Collision Braking

Interior:

• Driver’s window one-touch up/down function

• New instrument cluster

• New climate control interface

• New infotainment (MIB Gen2)

The next generation MIB2 infotainment system adds:

• Larger screen with improved resolution

• 5-inch black and white touchscreen on SE

• 6.5-inch colour touchscreen on Style and Style Advanced

• USB/AUX-In/iPod connection

• Bluetooth telephone and audio streaming

• SD card slot

• Four speakers on SE and six on Style / Style Advanced

• Car preferences set-up menu

Electrically adjustable door mirrors and heated door mirrors have been removed from SE.

The ‘Style’ version features the following additional enhancements:

• New leather steering wheel

• New leather gear knob

• Centre console illumination

• Front footwell illumination

New optional equipment

• New titanium Pack - titanium-coloured 17-inch alloy wheels and door mirrors (Style)

• Front assist (Style)

• Rear view camera (Style and Style Advanced)

• Full link - a new option to the SEAT range featuring Mirror Link, Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto. Allows seamless smartphone control straight from the navigation system; makes calling, texting or streaming music a fully integrated experience (Style and Style Advanced)

Colour

There is one new non-metallic colour:

• Mediterranean Blue Z5Z5 (£250 RRP)

Pricing

The MY16 Toledo will attract the new pricing immediately because of the increased costs of introducing EU6 engines.

MY16 Toledo

Derivative

SE 1.4 TDI 90PS DSG

£17,215

SE 1.6 TDI 115PS Ecomotive

£17,380

Style 1.2 TSI 110PS

£16,945

Style 1.6 TDI 115PS Ecomotive

£18,800

Style Advanced 1.2 TSI 110PS

£17,735

Style Advanced 1.6 TDI 115PS Ecomotive

£19,590

​Cheers

Rog

• Like 1

Got a reply about the front seat trim today:

"From week 5 / 2015 the front seats on all Toledo models have been built with additional plastic seat trim (image on the right). Prior to this date the seat mechanism on the front seats were exposed (image on the left)."

Cheers

Rog

post-118788-0-10270600-1433792238_thumb.jpg

I still think it extracts the urine that SEAT get lots of posh options that Skoda don't when they're built in MB!

I suppose the Toledo needs a big sales boost though whereas the Rapid is doing quite well globally. A specced up one with all the latest upgrades would make a very nice car and if it's still available with big discounts a very good value one too.

Agree with you completely. What you say about the difference in sales volumes I think is part of it but I suspect that they are also trying to position the two brands a bit differently even though it's the same car.

I'm just waiting to gear about the deal. They have confirmed 0% PCP and three years free servicing but have not come back to me yet about the deposit contribution...

TBH, I'm expecting the deal to have changed with the EU6 price increases but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Cheers

Rog

EU6 increases are fairly minimal given the up spec as well. 15 months ago the 1.2 SE Nav was listed at 16400 and now the equivalent is 16900.

Given the tiny demand for Toledo's the target price should still be 13k or less for a new one, a little less for pre-reg, or a lot less for pre-reg EU5.

Some of the changes are clearly just for the sake of change.  Neither of the new 17 options look as good as the old ones.

And I cannot believe they've put the top spec interior back to grey & black. That is the thing I'm least happy with about my car. The I-tech one was so much smarter looking without all the acres of grey plastic.

I'm off to autotrader to look for a pre-reg I-tech.

Edited by camelspyyder

Found 3 pre-reg from 13k-14.5k.

Also a pre-reg SE nav in Black for 12k.

I hope I can drive over and view the red one tomorrow if I've got time.

Edited by camelspyyder

Deal is looking something like:

New 1.2 TSI Style Advanced £18265 inc metallic paint

- Less £1000 dealer discount

- Less £2000 SEAT Finance contribution

So £15265 to pay which is above what you can get a pre-reg for - However, this also comes with 0% PCP which I reckon to be worth £2000-2500 saving in interest that doesn't need to be paid plus it includes 3 years free servicing which is worth about another £500.  From what I can tell from talking to a couple of dealers this week the 0% and servicing bundle aren't available on pre-reg or used Toledos.

I've got another couple of hundred quid of options that I think I will put on too which will stick another tenner a month on my payment.

What I can't decide is colour.  Silver or grey are the safe choices but quite like the blue and the bright red too (see pic).  I know I can live with the silver or grey but wonder if I will regret not being bolder?  The problem is you see so few Toledos and Rapids on the road you don't get to see many of the options for real!

Cheers

Rog

post-118788-0-66723600-1433863904_thumb.jpg

Toledo colours?

Well it looks pleasantly old fashioned (or conservative - small c) to me.

In most metallics it looks a bit Rover 45 especially with fussy wheels.

However in Red, White, Black, Silver it's more MG ZS - if only Skoda painted a few in their Bright Yellow or Rally Green options - SEAT is supposed to be the sporty brand after all.

So are you a Fedora, blazer and slacks man, or string-back gloves and tweed cap MG type?

I wanted silver and 17's but it went over my 13k budget (New not pre-reg) so I settled for white at £350 less.

Edited by camelspyyder

Hey Rog, 15.2k sounds a lot.

If you have to have the new model I understand, but if there's a choice, I always save by buying the old one.

Edited by camelspyyder

Hey Rog, 15.2k sounds a lot.

If you have to have the new model I understand, but if there's a choice, I always save by buying the old one.

15.2k would be a lot without the 0% finance. If I was paying cash it would be a different matter but 0% PCP is rare...

Cheers

Rog

However at a Cash price of say £13k, and loans as cheap as they are now (around 3.5 to 3.8% APR), you only pay £13.7k total over 36 months.

Could be worth considering for some, especially if like me - the PCP mileage allowance doesn't work.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

The PCP mileage allowance is a misnomer. The mileage only matters if you give the car back at the end of the agreement. If you keep the car or sell the car before the end of the agreement the mileage does't matter. Stick a low mileage on the agreement and don't worry about it while enjoying low payments.

Worst case and you do need to give the car back at the end for some reason and you just pay the pence per mile for going over which, on the Toledo, is 4.4p - or £400 if you go over by 10000 miles. Hardly a whole hill of beans...

Cheers

Rog

Moving back to the buying old models tactic -  I scored a brand new unregistered 2015 Ibiza today at £9070 (vs £13545 RRP).

That's exactly 33% off (buying a Euro 5 engined car is a good move).

SWMBO is over the moon with it.

And if I'd bought it on their PCP it would have still totalled over 13k.

My way (50% deposit 50% unsecured loan) is going to total about £9400.

Spyyder's 3 Steps to Heaven of car buying.

1. Buy the old model

2. Finance it yourself

3. Happy Wife :D

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

That said there are a lot of 0% PCP on Skodas and SEATs at the moment and on those terms a PCP made perfect sense to me. :thumbup:

All Skodas, Mii's, Toledo's and Leons at my dealer are on 0%,  :)

However the 30%+ off cash deals on the Ibizas made that particular PCP look plain silly.

Now the loan is agreed total to pay £9448 over 36 vs £13900 PCP over 36

Edited by camelspyyder

A slow one - it's for SWMBO and she racks up tickets if not controlled :)

I got her a red TOCA 1.4 - its a lot of car and kit for 9k (once again from the cheapest dealer on Autotrader selling new (not pre reg))

Yes and there is a lot of stock to be cleared as, like the Toledo, another Ibiza facelift is coming this summer so it's a brilliant time to buy either.

Just don't touch the 7.9% PCP.

I think the SEAT drivers have hi-jacked this thread  :giggle:

Isn't anybody interested in the updated Rapid?

Edited by camelspyyder

A slow one - it's for SWMBO and she racks up tickets if not controlled :)

I got her a red TOCA 1.4 - its a lot of car and kit for 9k (once again from the cheapest dealer on Autotrader selling new (not pre reg))

We went looking at the citygo and mii at a combined skoda/seat dealership 25 months ago to replace my wife's Aygo ....and drove off in a candy white 3dr Ibiza 1.4 toca for £8400 new!!! It has been absolutely brilliant, it must be the the best pound for pound bargain out there Edited by stokey

Same with me.  The SC can still be had new for about 8600.

SWMBO needed a 5dr for work, hence the 400 extra forked out.

Where did you get yours from, Westgate by any chance? They are normally the cheapest when it comes to tocas and Ibizas in general.

Funny old thing, I did go to Westgate this time.

Although when I got the Toledo last year, Pentagon Scunthorpe were willing to match the cheapest price anywhere in the country so they got the deal.

I think Westgate must save on delivery charges - they probably just get their guys to push the cars straight off the boat into the showroom :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...