New engines/facelift

Could it be the expected facelift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRb4LOMLpiI&hd=1&html5=1

This could be for this

ŠKODA celebrates two anniversaries with fantastic special ‘Edition’ model 

In addition, ŠKODA will be presenting the special ‘Edition’ models of the ŠKODA Fabia, Rapid, Octavia and Yeti series for the first time in Geneva. The occasion is the 2015 double-anniversary – at the end of December, the company will be celebrating its 120th birthday, and 110 years ago the first L&K automobiles were leaving the production halls in Mladá Boleslav.

The ‘Edition’ models’ exterior feature the series-standard attractive design elements, such as door mirrors in the body colour, bicolour alloy wheels, front fog lights and SunSet (tinted rear window and rear side windows). The ‘Edition’ interior offers fantastic features like the leather-finished three-spoke steering wheel, gear stick and hand brake, décor in brushed aluminium and textile floor mats bordered with grey stitching. 

• 2 weeks later...

The new one starts build from week22 (mid May), all cars with the older EU5 engines must be registered by September.

Found the following information about the techlift on a Czech forum:

- Engines EU6

- Indicators in wing mirrors

- New wheels

- New dashpod/maxidot

- LED function in foglights (DRLs?)

- KESSY GO/FULL

- Skoda 3d surround sound

- Climatronic with humidity sensor

- Auto up/down electric windows

- Front parking sensors

- Fatigue sensor

- Front assist

- Uprated ESC

Changes now confirmed as above plus:

- Sports seats now only in grey (red discontinued)

- Plastic covering for front seat rails

Engines/Gearbox as follows:

1.2 TSI 90PS (M5 / A7)

1.2 TSI 110PS (M6)

1.4 TSI 125PS (A7)

1.4 TDI 90PS (M5/A7)

1.6 TDI 115PS (M5)

I wonder if the Plastic coverings for front seat rails can be retrofitted to the mk1 Rapids. Would be good if they can, would help tidy up things.

Having perused the listed improvments, I cannot see any that will relieve the "grim" interior ambience, which is all is putting us off the Rapid, in favour of the new i20.

When Hyundai introduce the new 1.0 litre engine, that is.

Hyundais are horrendous, I drive 1000's of miles a year in them at work and I would pay my own money for one. Cheap interior crap engines and made what seems like tim foil panels.

• Like 1

Eh!

Does not compute, the statement above, by Tim.

was there perhaps a "not" missing.

PS

The latest i20 is a lovely place to sit, while stationary in the showroom at least.

And "apparently" new super-duper Hyundai engines to be introduced (i.e. in the showroom) in June '15!

cheers

M

Edited by dieseldogg

dd, you're falling for their sales-talk - AFAIK every manufacturer is introducing "new" engines this summer at the latest.  EU rule changes. Euro 5 motors must be first registered by Sep 2015.  So everyone must be selling Euro 6 compliant engines by then.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Price list with new engines now out: http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/rapid-spaceback/prices

The brochure has also been updated with new prices and tech data, but they haven't changed the pictures yet:

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_rapidspaceback.pdf

Ray wheels now a factory fit option!

• Like 1

The Plumber, on 10 May 2015 - 16:25, said:

Xenon's are also on the option list as are LED running lights.

RRP prices though are still far to high mind.

TP

They're just a starting point for negotiation - who ever pays RRP?

The Rapid and Toledo were both RRP 4k over my budget - but I still got a brand new loaded one for the price I could actually afford.

More relevant right now is that the last of the old Euro 5 stock are going to be cheap as chips this summer/autumn :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Changes now confirmed as above plus:

- Plastic covering for front seat rails

Does anyone know if the mid-May changes happened and anyone has seen a tech-facelifted car yet?  Also, are these same changes happening to theToledo?  I am very close to buying a Toledo but the lack of plastic trim around the front seat bases is nasty and if a tech-facelift is going to fix this then I will hang on!

Cheers

Rog

Does anyone know if the mid-May changes happened and anyone has seen a tech-facelifted car yet?  Also, are these same changes happening to theToledo?  I am very close to buying a Toledo but the lack of plastic trim around the front seat bases is nasty and if a tech-facelift is going to fix this then I will hang on!

Cheers

Rog

Whereas other changes like the turn indicators on the mirrors have already appeared at ETKA, I can't seem to find any changes for the seats. Neither has the red fabric been discontinued, nor is any seat rail covering shown in the relevant list/figure.

I realy hope that there will be a covering though, so we can retrofit it.

Here's something that was in front of my eyes but I hadn't noticed: The seat frame trim has been added to the production since 26/1/2015. (Unluckily my car left the production line on 22/1/2015 :sweat: )

So that's why nothing has changed for MY2016, it has already been done. I 've attached a snapshot from ETKA below. It is item number four.

post-128573-0-24979300-1433337160_thumb.png

Someone from Russia has already done the retrofit, check it out:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/6442681/

• Like 3

Here's something that was in front of my eyes but I hadn't noticed: The seat frame trim has been added to the production since 26/1/2015. (Unluckily my car left the production line on 22/1/2015 :sweat: )

So that's why nothing has changed for MY2016, it has already been done. I 've attached a snapshot from ETKA below. It is item number four.

attachicon.gifseat_cover.png

Someone from Russia has already done the retrofit, check it out:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/6442681/

Thanks for digging this out.

If I am reading this right - the frame has not changed, so we can retrofit this to seats in earlier cars - right?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for digging this out.

If I am reading this right - the frame has not changed, so we can retrofit this to seats in earlier cars - right?

Thanks

Chris

As far as I can tell from ETKA:

The frame (and everything else regarding the seat) remained the same as before, when the trim was introduced back in January.

For the height adjusted seat there is only one frame version. For the non-adjusted one, there are two versions, pre and post March 2013. I suspect that the trim fits both, but I cannot be sure.

Long story short, if you have a seat that can be adjusted for height you can do the retrofit, use part numbers 5JA881317A, 5JA881318A, 5JA881559A, 5JA881560A, 4x(N90737107, N90703802, N0385012). If you have the non-adjusted variant chances are that you can still do it, especially if your car was made after 3/2013, and use part numbers 5JA881317, 5JA881318, 5JA881559A, 5JA881560A, 4x(N90737107, N90703802, N0385012).

Total cost in Germany, including VAT: about 65 Euro.

EDIT: Found more people that have done it. See this Czech forum: http://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/130417-seda%C4%8Dky-zakryt%C3%AD-kolejnic-sed%C3%A1ku/page-3#entry2035008

Edited by eyegr
  • Like 2

Neither has the red fabric been discontinued, nor is any seat rail covering shown in the relevant list/figure.

If you look on the configurator the fabric on the sports seats has now changed to be similar to the new Fabia sports seats.

Been speaking to my SEAT dealer the last couple of days.  The salesman and the parts guy have now found the SEAT version of the exploded seat diagram showing the seat trim.  They have today emailed SEAT in Spain to ask if new build cars have this trim fitted now.  If they don't have it fitted from the factory they are going to try and find out the correct SEAT parts required and will be willing to order the parts and retrofit the trim.

Sound like good news either way.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs