Uprated kevlar clutch for Fabia VRS up to 500Nm/370ftlb

XMANTURBOS

If you wish for proper SMF's machined from billet EN8 contact myself and we could arrange something. I have them already programmed up on the CNC machine so the R&D work is already done, have the contacts with the company for cutting the ring gear and also the blackening process.

20140728_132320_zps6frnffnk.jpg

20140904_134926_zpsdzicthpb.jpg

If you wish for proper SMF's machined from billet EN8 contact myself and we could arrange something. I have them already programmed up on the CNC machine so the R&D work is already done, have the contacts with the company for cutting the ring gear and also the blackening process.

it looks tempting just wondering how much it's going to be...PM sent

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate , would this fit onto my ARL engined Toledo TDI ? Six speed so think its should ? See your from round my way could it be collected to save delivery charges ?

Thanks

yes it is going to fit pretty much and 1.9TDI with 02M gearbox PM me if you wish to arrange collection I'm in new Stevenston

Hello, i have a 1.9Tdi 130

Once i have satisfied myself that all the suspension, steering, engine, and brakes

Are in good working order, i want to get a remap done to approx 170bhp

I do not know the history of the Clutch so it will be on the list to replace,

I have never done anything like this before, so before i go out and buy a Luch or Sachs

What are the particular advantages of purchasing one of yours,

The car as is, performs realy well pulls all the way through the rev range,

surPrises me all the time how quick it gets to 100mph and puts a smile on my face,

I don't much care for the wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, but I am hoping suspension and steering updates

Might improve things.

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks in advance

Jim

Hello, i have a 1.9Tdi 130

Once i have satisfied myself that all the suspension, steering, engine, and brakes

Are in good working order, i want to get a remap done to approx 170bhp

I do not know the history of the Clutch so it will be on the list to replace,

I have never done anything like this before, so before i go out and buy a Luch or Sachs

What are the particular advantages of purchasing one of yours,

The car as is, performs realy well pulls all the way through the rev range,

surPrises me all the time how quick it gets to 100mph and puts a smile on my face,

I don't much care for the wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, but I am hoping suspension and steering updates

Might improve things.

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks in advance

Jim

Hi,

if you are going for just 170bhp the uprated clutch should last pretty much forever ;) the LUK one I'm offering will be stronger, the Sachs one if you have Sachs DMF definitely cheaper unless you are going for new DMF anyway. Both will give you stock like feeling so it doesn't really matters which one will you get.

I'm going pd160 hybrid on my fabia and in need of a clutch. Iv been told it will be about 350ftlb+. Can u get a clutch rated for about 400ftlb need clutch and fly wheel btw.

Edited by Andy1405

Thanks for the quick reply,

I don't really understand the science behind the Clutch setup

Can you explain in layman's terms about the Clutch? and the DMF?

And the implications of continuing with my current set up

Jim

there is no science really, your stock clutch is probably few years old already and with increased power and torque it will start to slip at some point. LUK vs Sachs I wouldn't really dare to say which one is better when talking about stock clutches.

DMF - dual mass flywheel

The ones I'm selling are uprated so they can handle more power and torque.

Sachs one will bolt straight on stock DMF, LUK won't so I sell it as a kit with modified DMF to fit Fabia (and any other 1.9TDI with 02M box)

I hope it does make some sense to you - it's pretty late so my brain is not working at full speed sorry ;)

I'm going pd160 hybrid on my fabia and in need of a clutch. Iv been told it will be about 350ftlb+. Can u get a clutch rated for about 400ftlb need clutch and fly wheel btw.

yes I do the LUK kit mentioned before it's £450 delivered (you will need new bolts and release bearing from dealers) it will hold around 400ftlb no problem

cheers

That's great thanks, I am just looking to make an informed decision on which way to jump,

there is no rush I hope to get all this sorted by the summer, along with my Toyota 4Runner Upgrade.

It sounds like a new stock Sachs will handle my small upgrade.?

Cheers

Jim

That's great thanks, I am just looking to make an informed decision on which way to jump,

there is no rush I hope to get all this sorted by the summer, along with my Toyota 4Runner Upgrade.

It sounds like a new stock Sachs will handle my small upgrade.?

Cheers

Jim

it should but I would recommend getting PD150 clutch and if you are going to spend pretty much the same money personally I would rather for uprated one ;)

cheers

Thank's for your input,

I will speak with the engine guys, to get a better idea of what the upgrade will be,

then come back to you to spec the Clutch if that's o.k.

Do you do all your business on here or do you have another outlet ?

Jim

• 2 months later...

So what would you recommend for around 200bhp? I'm currently clutch shopping and my car runs 178bhp and 346ft/lbs on factory clutch set up.

Ideally I'd like something quiet if possible. But if SMF is recommended for 200bhp then that is what I'll get.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently running 169bhp 300 tourque ishh anyway. I'm looking to run a pd150 turbo with a few mods to make my vrs roughly 200hp.

just wondering what clutch would I be needing would i need dmf or smf? also would a standard dmf Sachs and just a stage 1 clutch work where can I get it and any tips please? Can you suppose what I need

• Like 1

That's cool thanks will I need the release bearing too yeah. So what comes with that then just the clutch it self yeah.

I may looking into the hybrid then if that would be better than the pd150