twitter = 1984

WeirdKerr

so, last night I jokingly call Hybrids witchcraft on twitter, this morning I get a tweet from ToyotaGB asking if im not a fan of saving money.... I hadn't even used hashtags.....

I'm a bit freaked out to be honest

• Like 1

Didn't you reply to them ? if you make a statement that they are witchcraft back it up let them know why you feel this way. 

Yup, they may have even offered you a car to try.

Most of the tools used by firms to admin their social media with trawl for keywords and flag them to the user.  I was contacted by someone this way who's sent me a stack of stuff to try, even though I hadnt mentioned them or their products directly. I have been following them for a while though.  The idea being I'll post about it, and it's basically good almost free PR.

It's not like my account is in anyway popular or followed by anyone of any significance either.

Use it to your advantage. I've managed to get Dell and Spotify to sort out a problem within hours that prior to tweeting had been waiting days and no response. Keep it polite and factual and it can be helpful. 

In your case, I would have struggled to resist in a debate with them, tongue in cheek, rather in the way that occasionally it's useful to engage with Jehova's witnesses to really challenge their beliefs.

You could have pointed out the Prius is hardly the lowest cost/mile car to own either, and probably by some embarrassing margin.

Qudos to Toyota to have a go first rather than any of the other hybrid manufacturers. :D

I might have retorted something about the environmental impact of all the batteries in a Prius, but wouldn't want to get drawn into a slanging match,  I'll stick with my economical old skool diesel. :D

• Like 1

I have blocked ToyotaGB from contacting me on Twitter as I find their actions disturbing

Don't worry, I will pass your address onto Alexander Wallace so they can give it to Toyota to contact you lol.

• Like 1

They all have packages and people that just do nothing but look out for people posting tweets or facebook posts about the company. Anysthing public.