a pic of your car (please add)

What? Sorry, you know nothing about light...

Someone mistakes Kelvin (K) for of Lumens (lm) so obviously knows nothing about light? Friendly  :dull:

The factory xenon's on the Rapid have a reduced output, less than 2,000 lumens (lm), therefore EU legislation denotes headlight washers are not required...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330308-optic-projector-lamps-xenons/

"The Rapid Spaceback is the first ŠKODA car to feature an innovation in lighting technology –headlights with a low-energy xenon dipped beam. They generate a longer and wider beam of light than halogen lamps, compared to which they have 33% higher luminous flux and up to three times longer life. Because of their low output compared to standard xenon headlamps, they do not need to be equipped with headlight cleaning or dynamic inclination alignment. They emit a pleasant colour similar to daylight."

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/rapid-spaceback/safety/

Here's a picture of my Rapid by the way...

QDQccyc.jpg

:D

• Like 4

Someone mistakes Kelvin (K) for of Lumens (lm) so obviously knows nothing about light?

You know...

The xenon bulbs are 2300 or 2500k meaning that within the european law it doesn´t require washers

This mean:

"The xenon bulbs are very (very) yellow meaning that within the european law it doesn't require washers"

hmm :dance:

peace

• Like 2

I think they are right 2300-2500 lumens sounds like a bit below average xenon wich is about 2800 lumens. So is perfectly fine

they can't be kelvin because 2300 kelvin is turn signal yellow light to orange..... So is impossible

• Like 1

Someone mistakes Kelvin (K) for of Lumens (lm) so obviously knows nothing about light? Friendly  :dull:

The factory xenon's on the Rapid have a reduced output, less than 2,000 lumens (lm), therefore EU legislation denotes headlight washers are not required...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330308-optic-projector-lamps-xenons/

"The Rapid Spaceback is the first ŠKODA car to feature an innovation in lighting technology –headlights with a low-energy xenon dipped beam. They generate a longer and wider beam of light than halogen lamps, compared to which they have 33% higher luminous flux and up to three times longer life. Because of their low output compared to standard xenon headlamps, they do not need to be equipped with headlight cleaning or dynamic inclination alignment. They emit a pleasant colour similar to daylight."

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/rapid-spaceback/safety/

Here's a picture of my Rapid by the way...

QDQccyc.jpg

:D

Snowplough :D

• Like 1

Didn't have a great start to our weekend. My family (3 and a half week old boy, 2 year old and wife) were on our way to a farm when a waste disposal lorry ploughed in to the back of us. We were stationary, indicating to turn right (a number of cars had used a slip route to get past) when a BANG the lorry swiped the back quarter of the car pushing us in to on coming traffic. He was travelling at 45-50mph! Looking at the pictures and aware that no-one was seriously injured I can say that the skoda rapid did very well in keeping us safe, as did the children's car seats. What hasn't been great is my experience with our own insurance company who were prepared to leave us in Oxford A&E and weren't willing to supply a courtesy vehicle despite have no claims, being fully comp and having legal protection! To think I'd just cleaned it and filled it with petrol! My hat goes off to the emergency services teams that were involved (one of the policemen remarked skoda 1:lorry 0) and those stuck on the A40 around 10:30am that's the reason why - thank you Mr lorry driver you have caused me and my family a HUGE amount of distress and I now have to deal with all the paperwork that goes with it! On the plus side it could have been a lot worse and no one was seriously injured!

post-118858-0-78669800-1439012312_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Bloody hellfire! Firstly, thank goodness you and your family are alright. Secondly, anyone who thinks the Rapid is a poorly made car should take a good look at these pictures. Looks like it held up remarkably well. Lastly, sorry to hear you've had troublebwith your insurance. Let's hope they deal with your claim quickly. Last time I renewed my policy I became aware that most of the insurance companies wanted extra for a 'guaranteed courtesy car'. Makes you think.

Jon, Glad to hear you and your family are fine and a big thumbs up to the Rapid, good to know they are as safe as that protecting your family..Big plus....As for Insurance Co and HGV drivers, both in the same category.....................right at the bottom

You can see how the crumple zones work and the curtain air bag was very good. Thumbs up from me regards their safety features! Also having good car seats with isofix I am fully behind! Just got to sort the paperwork out now!

Glad you and your family got out of that ok, it does look a bad prang and as you say the Rapid held up well. Is that the truck that hit you on it's side?

We saw a nasty one yesterday in our local village, had to take a detour the road was completely blocked with all the wreckage. A motorcyclist had a coming together with a Range Rover, you can guess who came off worse. Broken arm and leg apparently for the biker.

Wish you well and hope you get back to normal speedily.

Glad you and your family got out of that ok, it does look a bad prang and as you say the Rapid held up well. Is that the truck that hit you on it's side?

We saw a nasty one yesterday in our local village, had to take a detour the road was completely blocked with all the wreckage. A motorcyclist had a coming together with a Range Rover, you can guess who came off worse. Broken arm and leg apparently for the biker.

Wish you well and hope you get back to normal speedily.

Yep that's the truck that hit us.

I realise road traffic collisions happen all the time, the combination of a Range Rover and bike sounds awful! I would urge more people to think about their ability to drive - not saying some people can't drive but on our way back from Oxford we saw two over taking manoeuvres (one at the same spot we'd have the collision in earlier) that were purely bad judgment calls and almost caused another accident. Leave extra time to get anywhere and only over take where it's safe. I'm a firm advocate for people having fun and I don't think it's speed that kills it the person's reaction times and knowledge of how to drive at speed and how long it actually takes to stop. I think that driving/track days should be part of the driving test or at least part of the lessons.

• Like 1

Agreed. We witnessed a red Astra estate weaving in and out of traffic to overtake yesterday on a red route (A45 between Rushden and Thrapston). Not nice for those of us just trying to get home with a young family in one piece.

Judging from the pictures (which are low-res sadly, please upload elsewhere bigger pictures when everything else is sorted) and taking into account the lorry's speed and mass the amount of damage on the Rapid is surprising small! I mean, even the rear windshield is intact!

Meanwhile, my sister had an accident with her Chevrolet Spark on Monday, she crashed with another car at a city center one-way cross junction, speed ~20 mph, and managed to do over 2000 EUR of damage at the bodywork! Even the front windshield smashed indicating chassis deformation.

I'm happy because the Rapid shows here that it has a rigid chassis. Sorry for your accident though, hope you sort everything out quickly. I really hate insurance companies because when they want you to sign their contracts they're all helpful, assuring and convincing they are on your side, but when it's time for them to pay, it's like you 're trying to rob them!

• Like 1

Holy Crap!

Really glad you are all OK after that.

Seems like we can add "Strong" and "Safe" to the Rapids positive qualities column which so far contains erm..."Roomy" and umm..."Cheapish"

Seriously, treat yourself to a drink and a lottery ticket you lucky lad.

Edited by camelspyyder

Bloody hell!

Firstly - thank goodness you and your family are OK, that is by far the most important thing from this.

Is the car as bad as it looks - damage looks severe + looks like all the airbags fired? It does indeed look like the passenger compartment help its shape, which is a great testament to the safety features of the vehicle.

Who is your unhelpful insurance company? Good to know so I can avoid them at the end of the year.

Have you managed to sort something in terms of transport (assuming you've made it back home from the hospital by now)?

Main thing is, everyone in your group has walked away from it. Cars can always be replaced, people cannot.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1