pulling to the left.

arfur

Thanks for posting that link. Interesting stuff, Tony's a master.

Interesting read.

one thought I have

A lot of tyres nowadays are either directional or assymetric,   so that would wipe out any issue of tyres fitted the incorrect way.   Well most performance tyres anyway

It's not about incorrect fitting though, it's about picking tyres that have zero, or cancelling out imperfections, not just throwing on the first tyres to hand, irrespective of the information those markings are giving.

• Like 1

One thing I will say about "tracking is spot on but garage said they could move the subfame a bit", this sounds a bit to me like it should read "toeing is spot on, but if we were able to carry out a full four wheel re-alignment which will probably mean moving the subframe a bit".

Replacing the bushes worked for my car, I didn't need to touch the tyres.

Mine has done it since i've had the car. I have Uniroyal RS3's which are sided and have also fitted PSB rear console polybushes? It pull to the left to the extent that on certain left hand bends I can just let go of the steering wheel and it will steer around the corner itself. It's not a problem it's just a bit annoying, the Pulsar doesn't do it at all.

Thank you for the interesting replies. I would be concerned if someone set the tracking to the left. I would have that looked at buddy. Im gonna have the bushes replaced and possibly the bumpstops aswell. I'm very OCD so for something not to be quite right with my car, it drives me bonkers. I will keep you all posted as it's skoda themselves that are doing the Work.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the interesting replies. I would be concerned if someone set the tracking to the left. I would have that looked at buddy. Im gonna have the bushes replaced and possibly the bumpstops aswell. I'm very OCD so for something not to be quite right with my car, it drives me bonkers. I will keep you all posted as it's skoda themselves that are doing the Work.

Hi arfur,

Did you get this resolved in the end?

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out that it's pulling to the left due to a screwed rear axle bush. Not had that replaced yet. Near enough the whole front end has been redone so it can only be that. Should b fun.

mine doesn't do it and i need every tire and bush changed there all knackered .. simple let your car fall to bits and it drives straight lol

seriously though, ive read that vcds can adjust the weight to steer, if you made it heavier would it reduced the steer to the left? is your steering to light?

I'm very OCD so I will find out the cause haha. Top mount bearings, wheel bearings and rear bushes r all waiting to get changed so if that doesn't resolve it then I've no idea. The thing is if all your bushes r away at the same time then it wouldn't do it but but early word says the passenger side is worn more than the drivers side therefore the passenger side sits lower causing to the car to track tht way. Thts the word from skoda at least. Never driven a fabia before so I dunno if the steering feels light. It's heavier than my corsa but lighter than my S2. Plus it's lowered on wider wheels.

Have had the Fabia VRS MK1 for 10 years almost now, which has always pulled slightly to left.

Got told it is a trait of this model, something called 'Torque Steer' tied in with drive shafts, being of different length.

All too technical for me..

Have had many different brands and non-brand tyres with none stopping this 'Torque Steer'...

Had various new Fabia vRS's from their UK launch in 2003, all as my dealer demonstrators, from memory, every single one had a "bias" to running to the left. Sold my Dad a new 2004 Ambiente TDi 100 and that does it to, and he's only done 15k in it from new.

Ironically when im abroad in mine, it tracks straight as a die

most roads are cambered so the water runs off - try finding a bit of road where you can drive down the middle of two lanes (safely) and see if it pulls to the left still