vrs cthe new 0-60 times

Hi all,last year did eight runs of 0-60 times average at 6.5 seconds, i have vrs late 2012 cthe no mods and 99 Ron tesco fuel always (with the traction control on)

I had a burn up at the lights with traction control off for the first time ever and got a better start and it seemed even faster so I went to the same road and did another eight 0-60 times and to my amazement average time was 6 seconds (very happy this car is a sheep in wolfs clothing).

• Like 2

Ha, ha. After over three years of ownership I've finally discovered (after consulting the manual - I'm sitting in the car right now) where it tells you on the dash when the TCS is off. I expected the button to light up, didn't realise it was in the instrument clutter. What an arse I am :p.

• Like 2

If the Tyres spin and the System detects Wheel Spin, and the Light Flashes then the System can nip the brake to stop wheel spin and gain traction,

& more importantly 'Cut Power from the Engine',

So TC off after you have Stopped Read the Owners Manual, call the Insurance Broker, made a Declaration,

then Fill your boots.

'TCS'  Page 138 of Owners Manual.

EDL / XDS Page 138-139

& maybe, good tyres, good surface, and take care in the corners, 

But Straight lining does not involve corners.

Edited by goneoffSKi

have you had it on a RR ? we are interested in collecting CTHE power figures at the moment ;) did you measure with in car telemetry? (OBD port to smartphone)

Hi,no rr and only stopwatch tests so not 100% accurate but a very good guide.car telemetry that you mentioned do you know where and how much I can buy it for as I am interested in getting times 100% accurate as my vrs seems very fast thanks.

Hi all, i always thought traction control was better on for burn ups(but I don't know much about cars I just put 99 fuel in as recommended on this site and put my foot down)

If the Tyres spin and the System detects Wheel Spin, and the Light Flashes then the System can nip the brake to stop wheel spin and gain traction,

& more importantly 'Cut Power from the Engine',

So TC off after you have Stopped Read the Owners Manual, call the Insurance Broker, made a Declaration,

then Fill your boots.

& maybe, good tyres, good surface, and take care in the corners, 

But Straight lining does not involve corners.

^^^ good tyres is the key, if you have track tyres on a summer day (like RSR's) you can simply floor it from standstill without wheelspin. (looking forward to santa pod George!)

Hi,no rr and only stopwatch tests so not 100% accurate but a very good guide.car telemetry that you mentioned do you know where and how much I can buy it for as I am interested in getting times 100% accurate as my vrs seems very fast thanks.

not sure without searching they are widley available though

• Like 1

Hi all,i only drive fast in a straight line /mainly traffic light burn ups which me and girlfriend enjoy. Also out of interest when I test drove vrs it was a 2011 cave at dealers and after my cthe had done a few thousand miles and I gave it a good run it definitely is much faster.

No offense meant but when we're talking about tenths of a second, manual stopwatch measuring isn't really the most accurate way. I'd rather get a "bluetooth obd elm 327" from ebay before I posted any times and even those adapters are not 100% accurate from my experience. Would be interesting to get one of those and repeat the measurement just to cross-check with your own measurements.

• Like 1

No offense meant but when we're talking about tenths of a second, manual stopwatch measuring isn't really the most accurate way. I'd rather get a "bluetooth obd elm 327" from ebay before I posted any times and even those adapters are not 100% accurate from my experience. Would be interesting to get one of those and repeat the measurement just to cross-check with your own measurements.

agree

pull off the panel where the fuses and DRL switch is, the OBD port is down there, you dont want one of the cheap fault code readers, you need the telemetry one that connects to your smart phone... gives real time info, intake temps real coolent temps ect ect

• Like 1

I have one and dash command. Was messing around in my cthe the other day and managed 6.1. Still didn't get 1st gear launch 100% right either d17a253d2633c20a67d4f0bab1363d0d.jpg

excellent :) is your's a CTHE? thats a good figure! backs up how fast it feels . I know a stage one can hit 60 in less than 6 seconds..... if its a standard CTHE and you get the launch right, thats another figure to add to the weight that CTHE gives more power! (If yours is a CAVE and not mapped or TMC'd .... WOW! lol)

Correct

Timed sons karting lap times with stopwatch and compared them after to the tracks on board telemetry

Quite a difference

Not to mention your speedo is not calibrated and is likely over-reading by around 10% so likely not doing 60mph either

excellent :) is your's a CTHE? thats a good figure! backs up how fast it feels . I know a stage one can hit 60 in less than 6 seconds..... if its a standard CTHE and you get the launch right, thats another figure to add to the weight that CTHE gives more power! (If yours is a CAVE and not mapped or TMC'd .... WOW! lol)

Yep is a cthe. It was also damp and first gear spun. I think 6/ 5.9 is consistently achievable in the dry.

When we have a good day and dry weather will get back onto some private roads and try again.

• Like 1

Yep is a cthe. It was also damp and first gear spun. I think 6/ 5.9 is consistently achievable in the dry.

When we have a good day and dry weather will get back onto some private roads and try again.

Just another word on those adapters' accuracy: The way you do read the speed does affect the result in different ways. If you select Speed (OBD) it may read quicker but then the 60 mph is not really 60 but more like 56-57mph. This is enough to trim 0.2-0.3s off the time already. On the other hand, if you select Speed (GPS) it is more accurate in terms of speed but slower in terms of measuring intervals so it may lose a bit on the beginning and/or ending. Both options have inherent flaws so it's not really as if you've got yourself a proper v-box. They are indeed useful to get a good idea of how fast is the car but I wouldn't really compare times measured with them against official/v-box confirmed times as from my experience they include a +/- 0.5s uncertainty.

Correct

Timed sons karting lap times with stopwatch and compared them after to the tracks on board telemetry

Quite a difference

Not to mention your speedo is not calibrated and is likely over-reading by around 10% so likely not doing 60mph either

Yep, wanted to mention that as well, if you hold a stopwatch and hit stop when you think you see 60 mph on the speedo you are probably some way off. They're a great comparison tool, useful for fault and general obd reading that is not crucial to be precise down to the tenth of second.

• Like 1