Difference between Amundsen and Amundsen+?

ang9444

The one fitted to post 2012 Rapid/Toledo has DAB, Nav, Park display, Bluetooth, cellphone integration, BUT no speed cameras or any option to add them.

So if thats important to you get Columbus instead, it can have a camera database added. I'm stuck with factory Amundsen with my phone stuck on the dash on speedcam duty - and while it does that, I cant bluetooth to the car either - or my camera warnings are muted!!!

See here for factory nav systems that can or cant be enhanced

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras#compatibility

Edited by camelspyyder

Amundsen maps are stored on an SD card whereas Amundsen+ maps are stored on the built in hard drive freeing up the SD card slot.

Amundsen+ can be had with or without DAB so don't be fooled into thinking every + has it.

Bluetooth on my Monte Tech has a module fitted under the back seat so I don't think it comes built in to the unit itself.

• Like 1

If you can get a Bluetooth module from FleaBay or somewhere like that then it'll just need coding via VCDS, I'm sure it's been done on here.

DAB can't be retrofitted to the head unit but you can get DAB receivers that would work in conjunction with the head unit though.

Edited by Gazbull17

• 1 year later...

I have the + and the only think i dont have is DAB ive even bought an reciver & plugged it into the back of the headunit and still it dont pick it up and links to what will work? Or has anyones made it do able to have dab in there car?

Im a girl so as much detail as poss is appricated :)

Thank you

• 2 months later...

I've just removed the factory fit Amundsen Plus out of my Octavia SE Plus and replaced it with a Columbus. I can't comment on its long term use as it was taken out within 24 hours of picking the car up, but can say for certain that the sat nav part appears very user UNfriendly compared to the Columbus with horrible graphics and a small screen.

However, the Amundsen Plus did not have DAB. but did have inbuilt bluetooth, and I had to install a separate bluetooth module when fitting the Columbus.

Mike

Hi Mike. Are you selling your Bluetooth Amundsen as I am looking for one

• 6 years later...
9 hours ago, evlo said:

does amundsen+ work with factory bt module?

does skip to next song buttons on steering wheel when playing music trough bluetooth (avrcp) work with amundsen+?

Mine does when using say Spotify.....................but has built in bluetooth

PS there is posts above that say the Amundsen cannot have built in bluetooth, it most certainly can have that and then there is no need for the additional module.

Edited by UrbanPanzer

amundsen+ can have bt built in, now question is if avrcp will work with unit without BT and external BT module, or if I can get unit with BT and not use bt module and everything will work, maybe just rewire the mic?