powermaxed tfr vs snow foam

sean85

Wifes car is mega filthy..So Im going to add about 1/2" : 1" of Snow Foam : the rest with water in a 1litre SF bottle and see how much dirt it takes off

Watch this space

you could do 1/2 & 1/2 as in 1/2 her car with just SF and the other with the tfr added. I like to give people challlenges........

• Like 1

Wifes car is mega filthy..So Im going to add about 1/2" : 1" of Snow Foam : the rest with water in a 1litre SF bottle and see how much dirt it takes off

Watch this space

any chance of before pics on this occasion Chris?

OK

Murray getting beaten so gave up watching it and decided to wash the DS3 as described

Before shot:

2015-02-01%2011.45.59_zpsnmyekgiv.jpg

First applied regular Valet Pro Snow Foam to the drivers door

2015-02-01%2011.48.07_zpsqv277vug.jpg

Then mixed up some Power Maxed TFR in the spare bottle with the Snow Foam in the quantities displayed and topped up the 1 litre bottle with warm water:

2015-02-01%2011.49.20_zpswbeyihbv.jpg

Then with Snow Foam

2015-02-01%2011.50.05_zpsztptchoj.jpg

Then applied to rear panel adjacent to the door

2015-02-01%2011.51.47_zpsxvoligux.jpg

Left to dwell for 10 minutes..Then powerwashed off

The Door:

2015-02-01%2012.02.24_zpsppoiavie.jpg

Next panel with the mix applied:

2015-02-01%2012.02.28_zpskksribis.jpg

Conclusions:

Very hard to see in the Photos, but the door was definately not as clean...ie..The Snow Foam itself did not do as good a job as the mix

Notice too that the existing LSP protection is still there..Totally unaffected!!

Edited by ChrisRs
  • Like 3

Great stuff Chris, so 1/2" TFR and 1" Snowfoam worked better than SF alone, which will be really useful this time of year-did SWMBO car this morning and the SF didn't get rid of all of the muck so I look forward to giving this a go. How did you think the SF/TFR combo compared with just the TFR as I'm guessing the TFR/SF combo would be a far weaker solution coming out of the SF lance once the jetwash has added more water to produce the foam than the TFR applied with the hand sprayer?

OK

Murray getting beaten so gave up watching it and decided to wash the DS3 as described

Before shot:

2015-02-01%2011.45.59_zpsnmyekgiv.jpg

First applied regular Valet Pro Snow Foam to the drivers door

2015-02-01%2011.48.07_zpsqv277vug.jpg

Then mixed up some Power Maxed TFR in the spare bottle with the Snow Foam in the quantities displayed and topped up the 1 litre bottle with warm water:

2015-02-01%2011.49.20_zpswbeyihbv.jpg

Then with Snow Foam

2015-02-01%2011.50.05_zpsztptchoj.jpg

Then applied to rear panel adjacent to the door

2015-02-01%2011.51.47_zpsxvoligux.jpg

Left to dwell for 10 minutes..Then powerwashed off

The Door:

2015-02-01%2012.02.24_zpsppoiavie.jpg

Next panel with the mix applied:

2015-02-01%2012.02.28_zpskksribis.jpg

Conclusions:

Very hard to see in the Photos, but the door was definately not as clean...ie..The Snow Foam itself did not do as good a job as the mix

Notice too that the existing LSP protection is still there..Totally unaffected!!

Just so I'm not confused (easily done at my age!) did you dilute the TFR before putting it with the snow foam in the bottle?

"Holy Maxed Batman!!"

Thats a lot !!

Well........ the 25L was a much better deal than the 5L and with 25% off it had to be done... I just can't resist a bargain. Therapy is needed me thinks.....that or I need to make some friends and sell them some!

That's not a bad idea Chris. I'll look into the p&p costs to see if it would be possible to cover the costs and still be a useful saving to other members of the forum.

Cheers

Ade

• Like 2

Mini review comparing Citrus Pre Wash and the Power Maxed TFR.

Car has Collinite on it which has been on for about 3 months;

Started like this;

Rear20Citrus20and20TFR_zpsgcythxgo.jpg

Sprayed TFR on the left (as you look at the rear) and Citrus on the right. Products left to dwelled for 5 minutes (they were both diluted 1:10) then just jet washed off..

Finished results;

Citrus20and20TFR20Results20close20up_zps

TFR side;

TFR%20Result%20Close%20Up_zpsjkqonovt.jp

Citrus side;

Citrus%20Result%20Close%20Up_zps3to7osf7

TFR out performs the Citrus by a reasonable margin IMO.

• Like 3