Octavia Scout 150bhp ordered.

Today I ordered an Octavia Scout from Alex Lawrie in Liverpool for delivery in mid March for an astonishing lease deal of £1200 deposit and 23 X £200 with 10,000 miles per year and includes metallic paint.

Its got a hard act to follow as we’ve had a Volvo XC70 215bhp for the last three and a half years and thats been an absolutely epic car which I’m very sad to see go.

Ive gone for the cappuccino beige with brown alcantara and leather with tow bar prep, the only problem is there no aftermarket tow bar available at present and i’ll need one come April.

I’m looking forward to the next 2 years with the Scout.

Brian.

Great to hear the good feedback regarding the Scout and I agree about the fab deals from Skoda. 

We are looking at a  Scout184 dsg which is £10 per month (contract hire) less than the VRS.

Enjoy the car and keep us updated with likes / dislikes.

Edited by Rob56

Today I ordered an Octavia Scout from Alex Lawrie in Liverpool for delivery in mid March for an astonishing lease deal of £1200 deposit and 23 X £200 with 10,000 miles per year and includes metallic paint.

Its got a hard act to follow as we’ve had a Volvo XC70 215bhp for the last three and a half years and thats been an absolutely epic car which I’m very sad to see go.

Ive gone for the cappuccino beige with brown alcantara and leather with tow bar prep, the only problem is there no aftermarket tow bar available at present and i’ll need one come April.

Brian.

I'm looking into buying my first ever new car on some kind of lease/PCP deal but the figures so far are nothing like this cheap. How did you achieve this? Was it standard Skoda finance or some kind of special dealer deal?

Congratulations on ordering your new car by the way :thumbup:

I'm looking into buying my first ever new car on some kind of lease/PCP deal but the figures so far are nothing like this cheap. How did you achieve this? Was it standard Skoda finance or some kind of special dealer deal?

If you go for a lease deal you're not "buying" - it's like long term car hire.

Take a look at http://www.contracthireandleasing.com which is like a lease deal search engine, or for example  http://www.vehiclesavers.com/car-leasing/skoda/octavia-diesel-estate/2.0-tdi-cr-scout-4x4-5dr.html (no connection, I bought my 4x4 on Skoda PCP).

Edited by UKMark

I saw the lease deal on pistonheads, it was through a company called “mad sheep”.

Alex Lawrie are supposed to be the largest Skoda dealer in the north of England so I thought I’d ring them and see if they could better it. I spoke to a salesman called Eamon and he said yes and because they’re a main dealer there was no brokerage fee which was £200 with mad sheep.

Apparently they are ordering 150 cars and over 100 have already been leased. If you’re thinking about it then you need to act fast as these deals are limited.

I do not have any connection with Alex Lawrie.

Brian.

Ordered an Octavia Scout 2.0 TDI 150ps manual gearbox today for March 2nd delivery. Metallic black with black leather plus spare wheel. Leasing it from Arbury's. Current deals are incredible. It's £227 per month on a 3+23 deal, 10k miles per year. (And yes that includes VAT so Feeling a bit smug but then I've been shopping round for two months). Can't wait. Just hope it's not a complete disaster like my Yeti was which I had to send back. Fingers crossed. If you're interested they've got a silver one coming in which is £246 per month because it has the winter pack on it.

Add me to the list, just ordered from a metal grey scout 150 from : http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/65881/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_cr_scout_4x4_5dr.html.

£1,800 down, 23x£120 , plus £180 documentation fee. that's £4,740 all in. 5,000 per annum, additional miles charged at 7.2p EA ( making an extra 10k miles £720 )

Some cracking deals out there, the following has just appeared over on the pistonheads leasing thread.

http://www.freedomcontracts.com/Skoda-Octavia-Estate-2.0-TDI-Scout-5Dr-Business-Lease/2119

Brian.

Brian

We've been driving a Mk2 Scout for just over three years and are well pleased with it. So much so, planning to buy a 2nd one! Hope you enjoy yours...

• Like 1

No need to go through a broker.

Deal direct with Skoda...

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/home-page-banners/octavia-scout-pch/

£1200 inc. VAT deposit, 23 x £199 inc. VAT, 10,000 miles/year.

It seems most dealers have this offer.

Which is more expensive than the links above, although I'm sure there will be some room to haggle.

When I tried your first link (http://www.centraluk...ut_4x4_5dr.html) and changed the mileage from 5K to 10K (to match the Skoda deal) the price shot up to £5K deposit and £400/month.

Your second link was for business rates only, click the personal tab and the prices end up where Skoda is.

Hi,

It's one of those strange anomolies with leasing that sometimes you are better to contract at the lower rate,  then pay the "pence per mile charge ( 7.2p  on most VAG products).   Not sure why this is,  it just works out cheaper doing it that way.

According to my rusty maths the freedom contracts deal still works out cheaper than the dealer price quoted by Simpsons:-

At 10k/pa contracted

Simpsons = 1200 + (23*199) =£5,777

Freedom = 1501 + 239 arrangement + (23*167) = £5,581

Or,  contract at 5k/pa

Freedom= 2400+239 +(23*84) = 4571 then add £720 for additional 10k miles= £5,291

Whichever way you slice it this is still a cheap way to finance a £26k RRP car.   I doubt that this would even cover the depreciation if one was to buy a Scout new and sell on in two years time.

• Like 1

Hi all. Just to add I've gone for the 5k freedom deal as its simply easier to lease than buy and have finance over the whole car. The upfront is hefty but the monthlies are then a ridiculous 84 so it's 180pm then add the excess mileage. Seemed the cheapest way imaginable into a practical estate. Bit slower than my current ride (e39 m5) and it will be strange not being so familiar with my shell garage but I'm still looking forward to embracing the Skoda revolution!

...the Scout is not a fancy car but I think you will like it. I have the 184ps DSG version with approx. 8000km, till now seems to be the perfect car for me ;)

• Like 1

Why buy a diesel for only 10k per year? It's be much better to go for a petrol, although if leasing you don't have the worry of DPF issues in the future

Because there's no choice if one wants a Scout. And some of us just like the way diesels drive.....

• Like 2

So the 1,8TSI isnt availble with 4x4 in the Uk?

Petrol and 4x4 was the main reason that I ended up with ordering a Skoda. None of the other reasonably prized brands could deliver an Estate with 4x4 and autotransmission with a petrol.

Why buy a diesel for only 10k per year? It's be much better to go for a petrol, although if leasing you don't have the worry of DPF issues in the future

Oh no, it won't die.

Even for a 1000 mile per year driver, diesel is cheaper. The break even point is about 100 yards out of the dealer door.

I put a spreadsheet together a while back that demonstrates all this, change the values in red to reflect up to date costs of fuel etc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8667340/forums/vRScompare.xlsx <-- note, this doesn't take into account lower depreciation costs for the diesel.

DPF issues on a MK111? Serious question, because I haven't checked in here much of late.

Finally, some people just prefer diesel.

• Like 1

So the 1,8TSI isnt availble with 4x4 in the Uk?

Petrol and 4x4 was the main reason that I ended up with ordering a Skoda. None of the other reasonably prized brands could deliver an Estate with 4x4 and autotransmission with a petrol.

No the only 4x4 options are with the diesels, both 1.6 or 2.0

There isn't a huge range of 4x4 variants of anything available over here...

Audis do the Quattro versions

Bmw have started selling xDrive versions, but only recently as the used market is quite sparse

For the most though it is only on SUV shaped cars that you can get it.... Skoda is one of the only that make a standard 4x4 car (though only as combi)

The Scout is more halfway between SUV and car, so there is a Passat, Leon, Volvo v70, etc niche market for these

Oh no, it won't die.

Even for a 1000 mile per year driver, diesel is cheaper. The break even point is about 100 yards out of the dealer door.

I put a spreadsheet together a while back that demonstrates all this, change the values in red to reflect up to date costs of fuel etc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8667340/forums/vRScompare.xlsx <-- note, this doesn't take into account lower depreciation costs for the diesel.

DPF issues on a MK111? Serious question, because I haven't checked in here much of late.

Finally, some people just prefer diesel.

I don't really mind too much having a diesel, have only run diesels for last 12 years, and currently run 3... So it does save paying the man to come and suck out the tank when I get it wrong :-/

On your spreadsheet, you don't include servicing thiugh, I think diesels are more expensive to service

I don't really mind too much having a diesel, have only run diesels for last 12 years, and currently run 3... So it does save paying the man to come and suck out the tank when I get it wrong :-/

On your spreadsheet, you don't include servicing thiugh, I think diesels are more expensive to service

Yeah, that spreadsheet was created when free servicing was included. Anyone is free to create a new version.

You can't really go wrong whichever version you buy (petrol or diesel), both great cars. Just get sick of hearing opinion passed off as fact.