February Old Post Office Meet

CitigoSport2013

Hey Guys

The last meet went great so i thought id kick this thread up nice and early to start getting to decide the date thats best for everyone before were actually in february and then i have plenty of time to book the specific saturday off from my 2nd job :)

SO im gonna kickstart a list, quote and add yourself to it if your interested and i'll shove a poll up with the saturdays in feb on it for people to choose form shortly :)

Lets try and beat the crowd we had last time! :D

Speak Soon 

Craig

1. Craig - Citigo Sport

ok fella the later end of the month would probably be better for me too, i cant get the poll thing to work so new idea, add the date you would prefer to the end of your name on the list and i'll just go with the most popular

1.Craig - 28th 

2.Andy - 28th

Just a quick question - what generally happens at these meets, tempted to pop along to one of them but never been to one/know what to expect/lack of knowledge to add to a meet!

I also have to remain mostly available for work and work every saturday/sunday which would make even attending a little difficult  :dull:

• Like 1

Ok mcornall well this is a regular monthly meet at the old post office pub just next to j38 of the M1 and we meet in the car park at the specified time amd generally have a bit of a chit chat about each of our own projects on our cars or interesting things that have happened since we last met and maybe have a couple of drinks and chill out then we usually drive in convoy down one junction of the motorway towards wakefield and go to the whetherby whaler where you will have the best fish and chips ever haha we have previously ran a show and shine comp at this meet before but I find during the winter months its hard to travel to a meet and your car still be prestine when you get there :) I have heard somebody mentioning raffles and things happening elsewhere so I may be looking into things to make it a little more entertaining but at the moment its a good meet with a good group of friendly people and its family friendly too so everyone can come :)

Sounds like I'll be out of my league talking about my "projects" since it's just my car for getting to places, might have to see if I can pop down if one coincides with a day off anyway and be a silentish observer/pick up tips! :D

Sounds like I'll be out of my league talking about my "projects" since it's just my car for getting to places, might have to see if I can pop down if one coincides with a day off anyway and be a silentish observer/pick up tips! :D

You won't be out of your league :) my car is just for getting from place to place too. It's just great fun to have a chat and have some lovely fish and chips :D

This is a 4 hour drive, but I might be tempted to pop up as a one time thing this year and drive back Sunday

Edit - it's a 500+ mile trip, before anyone says I'm mad, I can't make the national so there's method in the madness :D this should be do able using 1 1/2 tanks of fuel (just over 50 litres :nerd:)

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1