How do you clear snow from your car?

ChrisRs

Having seen a guy down the road use a metal shovel to remove snow from his roof

AND watching a car salesman in a Seat Dealers use a yard brush on the second hand cars

It got me thinking....How do you remove it

Not like this I hope:

628x471.jpg

Edited by ChrisRs

Being mr smugg with a garage that I can get my car in this is not something I have to worry about. Would putting one of those covers that fits over the roof and windows on the car be a better option or would it cause more damage?

Personally if I was faced with this I'd be tempted to just clear the windows and try and remove as much snow as possible from the bonnet without reaching the paint especially as the car is likely to be dirty or am I being over cautious?

Being mr smugg with a garage that I can get my car in this is not something I have to worry about. Would putting one of those covers that fits over the roof and windows on the car be a better option or would it cause more damage?

Personally if I was faced with this I'd be tempted to just clear the windows and try and remove as much snow as possible from the bonnet without reaching the paint especially as the car is likely to be dirty or am I being over cautious?

No, you're not being over-cautious...my thoughts exactly. Unless the car is absolutely clean under the snow layer...some damage to the paint is inevitable, surely?

No, you're not being over-cautious...my thoughts exactly. Unless the car is absolutely clean under the snow layer...some damage to the paint is inevitable, surely?

Those were my thoughts. No matter how careful you are your bound to trap some fine grit particles between the snow and paint. I wonder what sort of job my pet drier would make of this as it does have a heater setting but I'm not going to leave it out just to see. The neighbours would be calling for the men in white coats too.....though if someone else wants to try....

• Like 1

I just put on a pair of gloves and do my best to lift the snow as I wipe, not the best approach but it works for me.

I use a broom, not a garden broom but one with soft bristles. Usually a quick shove from the side sends the whole lot off in a single sheet. The roof, bonnet and boot are all cleared of snow along with the glass of course. You really do not want to risk any snow on the roof sliding over the screen under braking.

Snow not a real problem deep down here in the Southwest cornish cape.

Usually snows one day and almost gone the next.

There of course has been exceptions in the past few years to this, but again far and few between occasions lasting more than 3 days..

Snow not a real problem deep down here in the Southwest cornish cape.

Usually snows one day and almost gone the next.

There of course has been exceptions in the past few years to this, but again far and few between occasions lasting more than 3 days..

So when you do get some..........?