Chris' latest project 2006 Smart ForFour Brabus

Chris

I went for the 0.7 turbo. Tuning is hard to do as no one in the UK remaps them and all the parts are difficult to get hold of..HKS not mainly but its £££ and it has to be imported.

For a remap it may be worth contacting these guys. http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/services-overview/customers-cars

The guy who owns it is called Ed. Over on the Pulsar forum he has a very good rep and if he couldn't do it, i'd of thought he would know someone who can or wether it's possible or not.

Got it back yesterday. Got about 30miles in traffic before i realised that although the turbo was spooling I still had no power. I was going away for the night so kept going in the hope it was just me not being used to having so little power.

I came back today and was convinced it was still broken, then the engine management light came on so it has gone back to the dealer.

They've just called and said its ready to pickup so hopefully it will be second time lucky. I reckon it was a pipe incorrectly fitted or something and it won't cost me anymore.

Picked it up this afternoon. YAY its working! It's an absolute hoot to drive. I've been and given it a proper good jet wash just so I could see the paintwork/body a bit better as it was pretty grubby. All in all its not too bad, it needs some attention but no rust that I can see and the wheels are all wrecked but I had planned for replacements anyway. On the plus front it does have brand new tyres (matching on all 4 corners) and it dosen't leak when it rains (jet wash!) 

A few pics:-

copen3resize

copen2resize

copen1resize

• Like 2

Bought another car today..just need to sign the paperwork. This is in addition to the Copen but replacing my S-Max.

Hopefully pick it up before the weekend. And no..its not a Skoda unfortunately. :-)

Well,

I really wanted a Jag/Audi barge but the costs involved were just too much for me to handle. So I began looking around at the more standard stuff, insignias, BMW 3 series, new Mondeo but nothing really floated my boat.

I then remembered Kia do the optima. I had a look round and saw it had recently had a facelift. Found that my local dealer had a white '3' spec one so went and had a look. 1.7 diesel isn't massive and it worried me but on the drive I found it perfect for my needs, enough power when needed and never "slow."

The spec is staggering:-

-Full leather heated seats front and rear plus cooled upfront.

-Infinity 12 speaker stereo, nav, Bluetooth with streaming.

-White

-18in alloys

-self parralel parking

-blind spot monitoring

-lane change assist

-7 year warranty.

Sure there's more but the spec is staggering!

Photos to follow. Pick it up Friday!

Sounds nice. Is it brand new/pre-reg? 

Haven't seen any about, so just wondering if they're offering tempting discounts to try and shift them.

Its a November 2014 ex dealer principal car. RRP is around 27k. I'm paying considerably less that than with 7.5k miles on it.

I bought it as it is different. I didn't want a car that when I turned up to meetings I parked alongside another.

I only wanted a white one though and it must have been fate as the local dealer had exactly what I wanted in the exact spec.

Just before the Copen was launched in the UK, the importers sent a Japanese spec one out to do the rounds of the dealers.  We got a few funny looks driving that around town.

We had one in a while back with boot opening problems, which means that the roof doesn't work.  Two new side latch sensors cured it, but there was a bit of alake in the boot close to the roof and window control units.

Told the wife about the optima last night..it went better than expected. I'm still alive and still inside the house.

Still haven't had the courage to tell her about the copen I'm keeping in storage...the optima was going to be hard to hide as the S-Max was going.

Happy days!

• Like 1