Auto Stop/Start - Can I disable it all together?

2 hours ago, SorinB said:

Maybe it has this feature for the DSG combination with ACC, I don't know. But it is annoying...

Looks like a feature that comes with ACC rather than regular stop-start, as I don't have either this feature or ACC, but I do have DSG and stop-start. I would not have expected it to be annoying. Why wouldn't you want your car to be ready to go when the car in front moves off?

Maybe there will be a way to turn it off in the settings for ACC?

• Like 1

Yes, the idea behind is great. But does not apply so well in the real life. Is annoying because, waiting at a red light, very often, the cars in front can't wait the green and they are constantly just moving the car centimeters ahead. I know is not the start/stop feature fault, but I can't control the stupid drivers that does that at red lights... Therefore searching for a way to deactivate this. There is nothing in the ACC menu about it.

I'm sorry you think that way... I'm always keeping my distance from the car in front, driving or waiting at a red light. Don't understand the scope of your posting? Does it help with anything? Did you meet me in traffic to make such a claim? Maybe some technical info would be more suited, instead. For example, I stopped aprox 4m behind a car, just to see if the front car movement is detected. It was. Anyway the discussion is going in the wrong way 😞

Just to confirm:

• your foot is on the break
  • auto start/stop is active
  • the engine is not running
  • ACC is active
  • the car in the front moves forward
  • your engine starts (your foot is still on the break).

I think that is a great option to have. It removes the annoying shake when the engine auto-starts once the break is released.

My car does not do that.

• your foot is on the break - yes
  • auto start/stop is active - yes
  • the engine is not running - yes
  • ACC is active - no (actually it doesn't matter, it is the same behavior either the ACC is off or on)
  • the car in the front moves forward - yes
  • your engine starts (your foot is still on the break). - yes

Again, I understand your opinion, seems to be like a great feature, I was also excited about it in the beginning. Then what about the fact that in car in front moves just a few centimeters and the engines starts for nothing? Then, the engine stops, but the car in front moves again? All this in about 1 min or less, while waiting for the green light?

Just for interest, my Octavia is a 2019 Australian model with all the additional packs (top of the range) and it has auto hold which only holds for a few seconds, according to my manual. I have ACC a DSG, lane assist and my auto stop/start doesn’t auto start when a car in front moves at the lights. 
There seems to be a few variations of these systems around the world for different countries.

@OzGordo Holding a few seconds is 'Hill hold assist' / Hill hold control

or what ever Skoda / VW are calling it now.

'Auto hold' something different and there will be a switch for it.

As well as the E-Brake / Parking brake switch.

They can be different but similar from the VW Group and model to model.

DSCN4732.JPG.50f4fd7310d4312690987d76b88de0c0.jpeg

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

'Auto hold' something different and there will be a switch for it.

As well as the E-Brake switch.

So long as the car has EPB, which means no Octavia III has 'Auto Hold'.