Interior image released

Looks like a cross between the current Octavia and outgoing Passat TBH.  The extra seat supports would be welcome if they do actually appear. Personally I'd like to see a higher transmission tunnel in the front as I think that adds a bit of class like some of the more premium brands but that's just my opinion.  A bit underwhelming from that photo but we need to see the real thing I suppose.  For the money it needs to be more than just a grown up Octavia!

• Like 1

Nice DSG surround though that'll swirl like mad... you'll need a screen protector! :P 

Electronic hand brake standard or option?... Shame to see 4 blanks but it looks like an electronic lift back button too! :)

Overall I think it'll look good, shame they didn't add a leather trimmed center console too, maybe thats asking for too much 

That's disappointing, it looks very similar to the Octavia. The layout appears almost identical, shape of the vents, air con controls, usual low mounted sat nav screen, door card and pull. The interiors are merging into one as the exteriors have.

• Like 1

I like it :sun:

Looks like a cross between the current Octavia and outgoing Passat TBH.  The extra seat supports would be welcome if they do actually appear. Personally I'd like to see a higher transmission tunnel in the front as I think that adds a bit of class like some of the more premium brands but that's just my opinion.  A bit underwhelming from that photo but we need to see the real thing I suppose.  For the money it needs to be more than just a grown up Octavia!

Agreed on the seat supports, would be nice. The XF I had once, had a high tunnel and did make for that extra bit of comfort.

2 things have piqued my interest. The "car" button next to the screen, and can I please have mine without the EPB.

"Car" settings perhaps? EPB doesn't bother me, in 2 years everything will have a EPB.

Nice DSG surround though that'll swirl like mad... you'll need a screen protector! :p

Electronic hand brake standard or option?... Shame to see 4 blanks but it looks like an electronic lift back button too! :)

Overall I think it'll look good, shame they didn't add a leather trimmed center console too, maybe thats asking for too much 

That surround will kill me with my OCD - I can just imagine it after 4 years and 120k :envy:

Think an EPB will be standard, can't really see why they'd want / expect people to pay for it?

Electronic boot I like :clap:

That's disappointing, it looks very similar to the Octavia. The layout appears almost identical, shape of the vents, air con controls, usual low mounted sat nav screen, door card and pull. The interiors are merging into one as the exteriors have.

As with the exterior, the interior will go the same way. IMO it's not an eyesore and from that picture alone, I could live with it for 4 years.

But as others have said, and as I said in another thread, will reserve final judgement until I've seen one in the flesh.

EPB is OK as long as they fit auto hold as standard. My old 2006 Passat had the autohold which was an optional extra and transformed the usability of the EPB and most complaints I heard related to those without this additional functionality.

Comparison of SIII interior vs Vision C concept & Octavia L&k.

Lots of carry over parts / switches from Octavia which is slightly disappointing for a flagship model. The infotainment screen in SIII (Columbus) looks slightly rectangular when compared to Octavia's square shaped! Also, the hard switches to either side of touchscreen looks slightly bigger than Octavia's. The instrument cluster looks like a carry over from Octavia however, the shape of the cluster matches the TFT cluster from concept. So, may be there is a scope to get a TFT cluster when there is a mid cycle refresh. The floor console as such is much wider than Octavia to accommodate more switches to either side of shifter and also for a bigger cup holder (different orientation compared to Octavia). Wider console means should expect a decent centre console cubby box than current Superb & Octavia.

The mirror controls are along with window lift switches which is well laid out and not on the grab like Octavia. I can only see only one door lock switch on the floor console (similar to Octavia I guess) unlike lock/unlock for driver & passenger in SII which makes a lot of sense.

Yes, extended seat cushion is a good add to Superb at last. The climate control rotaries (VW carry over) are a let down when compared to the existing Superb with dual functionality and works well too.

Overall, IMO not very exciting but logically well laid out controls/displays like any other VW / Skoda's. I hope the materials used are of high quality interior trim coz that's where it needs to stand out from Octavia. And I hope the exterior design would be a head turner at least  :happy:

post-120447-0-74902000-1422995741_thumb.jpg

post-120447-0-44976400-1422995743_thumb.jpg

post-120447-0-61193200-1422995749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Agreed on the seat supports, would be nice. The XF I had once, had a high tunnel and did make for that extra bit of comfort.

It was the XF I was thinking of actually. I drove one recently and it felt very upmarket with the higher tunnel, then again it was automatic with the rotary selector.  As it happens the XF owner was more interested in the Superb as a replacement for his XF!!

Back to new Superb, lets hope the materials are of better quality than suggested in the photo and storage and practicality is not compromised - those door bins are smaller which is presumably to store the umbrella which will be in each door??

It was the XF I was thinking of actually. I drove one recently and it felt very upmarket with the higher tunnel, then again it was automatic with the rotary selector.  As it happens the XF owner was more interested in the Superb as a replacement for his XF!!

Back to new Superb, lets hope the materials are of better quality than suggested in the photo and storage and practicality is not compromised - those door bins are smaller which is presumably to store the umbrella which will be in each door??

The XF is only available in automatic, and the cabin does feel a lot more premium than the Superb. I always get the feeling i'm sitting ON the Superb, yet when I had the XF I felt I was sitting IN it.

• Like 1

The XF is only available in automatic, and the cabin does feel a lot more premium than the Superb. I always get the feeling i'm sitting ON the Superb, yet when I had the XF I felt I was sitting IN it.

Yes, that's exactly how I would describe and if Skoda could nail that cosseted cabin feeling I think they would really make the Superb stand out from the crowd

• Like 1

I'm afraid if that's the new Superb "I'm out". That looks like a big Octavia with the only redeeming feature being the seat base. The cheap looking a/c controls are a complete turnoff. Also the angular inlays and interior door handles look like an Octavia,and I don't like them. 40k+ for that,don't think so. Superbs were close enough in price to Mercs and Beemers and with this design I think they have tipped the scale. Pity.

• Like 1

I'm afraid if that's the new Superb "I'm out". That looks like a big Octavia with the only redeeming feature being the seat base. The cheap looking a/c controls are a complete turnoff. Also the angular inlays and interior door handles look like an Octavia,and I don't like them. 40k+ for that,don't think so. Superbs were close enough in price to Mercs and Beemers and with this design I think they have tipped the scale. Pity.

Have to agree there. There is already a complacency setting in, now that they have become an established brand and you can see it through pricing, customer service etc. €40k will get you a slightly used A6 with tiny mileage and most of the warranty left, maybe with a few less extras but nothing you couldn't live with now that the premium brands are finally offering decent spec on entry level models. I've had a huge loyalty to the Skoda brand over the last 15 years or so but the gap is closing in fast with Audi/BMW so will be watching the new model with interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Roll around the room time,

I remember back in 2008 when Sup II was being launched and everyone was going ooh ahh ooh ahh about it but it just didn't grab me, it looked like a funeral car to me where a car had been sliced at the B and had more sheet fitted to it, when I saw the left hook show car at a local dealer I was even less impressed tbh, the car has grown on me over time but there's still something lacking about it over the Sup I imo,

Now we have a balanced exterior in the offering, an interior that to me looks like an upmarket take on a Passat dash that is simply miles ahead of an Octy III dash (have you sat in one it's like a kids toy inside) and people are saying, Na not fer me mate!

I don't get it, this new car is 10X better looking inside and out than the one it's replacing imo.

Edited by Supurbia

EPB is OK as long as they fit auto hold as standard. My old 2006 Passat had the autohold which was an optional extra and transformed the usability of the EPB and most complaints I heard related to those without this additional functionality.

Is your new Merc going to have EPB? :devil:

• Like 1