Interior image released

Roll around the room time,

I remember back in 2008 when Sup II was being launched and everyone was going ooh ahh ooh ahh about it but it just didn't grab me, it looked like a funeral car to me where a car had been sliced at the B and had more sheet fitted to it, when I saw the left hook show car at a local dealer I was even less impressed tbh, the car has grown on me over time but there's still something lacking about it over the Sup I imo,

Now we have a balanced exterior in the offering, an interior that to me looks like an upmarket take on a Passat dash that is simply miles ahead of an Octy III dash (have you sat in one it's like a kids toy inside) and people are saying, Na not fer me mate!

I don't get it, this new car is 10X better looking inside and out than the one it's replacing imo.

Id say I agree.

People say it is similar to an Octy, but that is no bad thing on the whole.

What they have done, is taken the good bits from the Octy, and improved it, and made it more up market as necessary.

Now depending on what it ends up like in the flesh, and what the prices are like, this could rival an XF as the next car! Not that im due a new car yet :D

• Like 2

Id say I agree.

People say it is similar to an Octy, but that is no bad thing on the whole.

What they have done, is taken the good bits from the Octy, and improved it, and made it more up market as necessary.

Now depending on what it ends up like in the flesh, and what the prices are like, this could rival an XF as the next car! Not that im due a new car yet :D

I agree with you and Superbia. For me, it will be ride quality that needs to be loads better than O3 to make me stay with the brand next time for my Skoda No 5! It would also be a bonus if they upgrade the plastics on the door cards compared to the O3 as current Superb and O2 were better and O3 is a step backwards in many areas that you don't touch while actually driving.
  • Like 2

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10548718_768668143225649_536823019240396911_o.jpg

On this link - check out the left hand set of buttons next to the gear lever - 2nd one up is "MODE". Suggests some form of adaptive suspension option?

It can also be a general setup mode (ECO, NORMAL, SPORT, INDIVIDUAL), already available in Octavia, Leon, Golf, etc. It changes the accelerator response, the steering, and so on.

I need to see on "in the flesh" to make my mind up... I must admit from the picture I do like it, but if you look at the dash top and tops of the doors,  they look to be the standard now "hard plastic" which after 14 years and 7 Seat's put me off buying another, which is why I went for the Superb, I hate hard plastic interiors, were the Superb still has some "soft feel" to it 

The "CAR" button if it is anything like my Seat Exeo with the RNSE navigation is nothing more than a posh "SET UP" button (see image from RNSE manual) 

I will go and take a look when the dealer gets one in, and take a drive... It may be a different car when you stand by it and take a better look :)

I have always wanted a Range Rover Sport, but hated the new one when it came out, now, after seeing a few and looking I love it... things grow on you, after all most hate change...Lol 

post-428-0-56897900-1423301584_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just looking at those, the layout and quality seem very similar to my Octavia. The only real exception being a softer, textured dash. Of course, you can only really tell when you see it in the flesh but if the quality isn't a significant improvement on the octy 3, I'd be disappointed as they are very low rent.

Of course, you can only really tell when you see it in the flesh

So... why don't we wait until seeing it in the flesh? We should talk about design, not about quality. It's only a picture :notme:

So... why don't we wait until seeing it in the flesh? We should talk about design, not about quality. It's only a picture :notme:

You can certainly see the awful door cards though. They'd never be let in any car with 4 rings on let alone a flagship model. Like you say, we'll have to see but from what we've seen on other models an increase in technology has led to a lot of cutting corners with interior quality so there's no reason why SUK will break that pattern, particularly as the price is not really increasing. Let's see.

• Like 1

If you can't wait go to a VW dealer and look at the B8 Passat, imagine it a mobile phone longer and with a Skoda grille on it and the rear quarter light back door window in a < shape and you'll be pretty well there with what to expect, inside the same as they look pretty similar just remove the grille effect from the Passat dashboard and imagine it as smooth trim, in the front it'll be do different to the Passat regarding the seat position, iirc it's all based on the Golf platform anyway.

I have noticed on the interior picture that indicator stalk contains cruise control buttons. The real photos released earlier were showing two separate stalks. Would this suggest different options for cruise control?

Yes, same as Octavia. Standard cruise control has the buttons on the indicator stalk. The adaptative cruise control has a separate stalk.

Is this really the superb III or the face lifted Octy? I really don't see a big difference, apart from the air conditioning 'off' button not saying off, the seats, the drinks holders being covered and the glove box handle. Everything else is the same, just a slightly different layout. Round the gear stick: Self Park, Parking sensors(?), electric tailgate, door locks, EPB, Hill hold(?), auto stop start control, driving mode selection, ESC off (I'd have liked this instead of having to go through the columbus).

The 'Car' button in the Octy takes you to driving info, convenience consumers, vechicle info (MPG etc) . . . .

Also for the flagship of the flagship (L&K), there aren't flappy paddles as standard?

~£10k more the the L&K Octy?

• Like 1

Is this really the superb III or the face lifted Octy? I really don't see a big difference

I'd be inclined to agree with you there.  Maybe its all a bit of clever marketing by Skoda i.e. publish a slightly less in interesting or downgraded images and then there is an upside when people experience the plusher and more upmarket product in the flesh??  I seem to remember back in 2007/08 this was the case with the current model before it was launched.  At the time it looked like a larger Octavia with a mild facelift!

I'd be inclined to agree with you there.  Maybe its all a bit of clever marketing by Skoda i.e. publish a slightly less in interesting or downgraded images and then there is an upside when people experience the plusher and more upmarket product in the flesh??  I seem to remember back in 2007/08 this was the case with the current model before it was launched.  At the time it looked like a larger Octavia with a mild facelift!

If it goes like the Octavia has expect an inside like a basic Ford from the 70's.

Superb III, seems to in in the line of Octy. Seems VW group and Germans more or less following for all their group cars. Do I expect a Suprise?? Hell no ... but would love to :p

Now what I expect from new Superb is better Handling in line with new Octy. I mean taking corners without worring too much about body roll and holding on line.

Certainly there will be many more boxes which will tick right with new design/features.

To be honest when ever I get in my 2014 Superb , wish had mirror out side throughout to remind me that this is refreshed Superb :angel: with some of the change to exterior n keeping most of look feel same inside..

But I love my car.. :clap:

Gonna be a glut of Mk2's on Autotrader in a few months time methinks.

If the Mk3 is only built to Octy 3 quality, I'd rather go back to a Mk2 Berb, every time I get behind the wheel of my O3, I pine for my 2009 Berb which even at 4 yr old with 88k on the clock was more refined over bumpy Sheffield roads and had less rattles and just generally nicer interior quality than the O3 was straight out of the showroom!

If the Mk3 is only built to Octy 3 quality, I'd rather go back to a Mk2 Berb, every time I get behind the wheel of my O3, I pine for my 2009 Berb which even at 4 yr old with 88k on the clock was more refined over bumpy Sheffield roads and had less rattles and just generally nicer interior quality than the O3 was straight out of the showroom!

It's abysmal inside isn't it, when I got in one at launch time it felt like a cross between a kids toy and a basic Ford from the 70's, no surprise you felt like that regarding the difference.

• Like 1

Matt. Which wheels have you on the MK3 Octy?

Matt. Which wheels have you on the MK3 Octy?

18" Golus, and yes I know they affect tide quality but my Superb also had 18" and the ride was sublime by comparison. O3 non vRS does not get IRS unless 4x4 so hopefully Berb 3 will get IRS as standard and a bit extra weight should also help ride quality Imo.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the interior quality and the materials used in Superb's being the flagship model will always be better than Octavia's. But the question is.....will it better or as good as the new Passat or the Mondeo / Mazda 6?? I haven't personally experienced the material quality in any of Superb's competitors (this generation) so not sure! We will know soon  :notme:

I'm pretty sure the interior quality and the materials used in Superb's being the flagship model will always be better than Octavia's. But the question is.....will it better or as good as the new Passat or the Mondeo / Mazda 6?? I haven't personally experienced the material quality in any of Superb's competitors (this generation) so not sure! We will know soon  :notme:

I've not seen the new Passat yet, but the Golf VII is definitely a step up in quality over the O3 so I'd be surprised if the Berb 3 gets the same quality as the Passat. I'd settle for the Berb getting materials on a par with the Golf, so better door cards and more sound insulation would be a must in my book, plus the IRS as I feel that the Torsion Beam on the O3 was a massive step back in a move to cut costs so they could load it with fancy infotainment and pave the way for a raft of optional extras.

Comparison of S3 vs S2 interiors from www.auto.cz

Perhaps its down to familiarity but I prefer the current MkII interior.

The current MkII interior is more than 5 years old now, the MkIII is bound to offer an improvement.