sd card for columbus

Just taken charge 4/2/2015 of my new Octavia Elegance 1.4 TSI 140bh, so still trying to work out the toys that come with it  :) Have a few questions.

Can anyone tell me the largest size sd card that will work in the Columbus system was looking for 128gb sdxc

It has two sd slots but one is taken up by the sat nav card, is there a way of transferring the sat nav date onto the internal memory of the Columbus or dose the card have to stay in slot 1 to use the nav.

Also have set the wipers to auto and the rear wiper to auto to in the set up, can you tell me when the rear wiper kicks in 

Have tried to find it in the manual.  

Any help welcome 

Thanx Steve k

The online Bolero manual clearly mentions that the system has only been tested up to 32GB.(under "Media" "supported sources and formats"). Not sure what the Columbus one says. I have read on a German forum that people have used 64GB and 128GB with the Columbus (date of the post is july 2014, so that applies to the Columbus I)

No idea about the satnav data, I thought it had to be on the sd-card slot 1, but could be wrong.

As for the rear wiper: it should start when you put the car in reverse and the front wipers are working (after detecting rain)

Edited by TomLux

My car didn't come with a card but the maps were already on the Columbus

Ditto. Try removing the SD card and check the navigation still works. It should do.

I have now added a 128GB card (link below) and loaded it with music and some videos. It works fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CX8SJDM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

As above, you don't need the maps on a card. My dealer had the sd maps card ready to put in mine when I picked it up and had to remind him I didn't need it!

I have a 64gb Kingston sdxc card working just fine, get mine from 7dayshop.

Enjoy the motor, I'm loving my 1.4 elegance!

I think there is something wrong with my Columbus as there is no option in the settings to transfer the sat nav info off the sd card,  i dont think there is any internal storage to store it on. in the set up there is no option to manage jukebox so cant transfer music files off sd card ether.

I payed extra for the canton system.

Do you think the Columbus has a fault as im booked into the skoda garage on monday for it to be checked

I think there is something wrong with my Columbus as there is no option in the settings to transfer the sat nav info off the sd card, i dont think there is any internal storage to store it on. in the set up there is no option to manage jukebox so cant transfer music files off sd card ether.

I payed extra for the canton system.

Do you think the Columbus has a fault as im booked into the skoda garage on monday for it to be checked

Do you actually have a Columbus?

I just looked in my manual pack and it says that its the Amundsen thats fitted  :devil:  i thought that when i upgraded the system to canton it came with the Columbus Navigation. have they fitted the wrong unit. or have i got to pay even more for the Columbus. 

Edited by steve1k

Thanx everyone for the replys.

Is it worth paying all that extra for the Columbus or just stick with the Amundsen.

Seems a lot to pay for a hard drive  :D , will it make the audio system sound any better as i like my music in the car. and sd card are cheap now anyway.

Anyone know the max size of sd card that can be used in the Amundsen as it might be diffrent from the Columbus.

Is it worth paying all that extra for the Columbus or just stick with the Amundsen.

Seems a lot to pay for a hard drive :D, will it make the audio system sound any better as i like my music in the car. and sd card are cheap now anyway.

Anyone know the max size of sd card that can be used in the Amundsen as it might be diffrent from the Columbus.

I like the larger and higher resolution screen of the Columbus, makes hitting buttons easier when you're keeping your eyes on the road. Plus I find it more responsive. Columbus offers lossless capabilities and the fact you have two sd card slots available means plenty of storage. Plus native Apple support through the usb port too, no need for special cables and connectors.

If you allow for 500mb for an album ripped as flac, that's still 120 cds on a 64gb sd card. 240 cds would take a while to get through! :)

Oh, and not forgetting dvds and 5.1 surround with canton :)

Edited by philwoodphoto

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 64gb card in slot 2 of my Amundsen and it works fine for all my music. The satnav will not work unless the map card is permanently in slot 1. 

For the rear wiper, it doesn't start to work unless the front wipers are in auto and wiping at full fast speed i think.

FYI you will probably find that the sound quality is quite poor when played from the SD card so make sure you use good quality tracks with a high bit rate.

• Like 1