50Cal Cover Up Filler Glaze-Review on Page 2 now added!

Hunty278

Evening all!

I've just treated myself to some of this as there has been a massive price drop over at 50Cal.

Some of the 50/50's look unbelievable!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=351363

Ideal for a daily driver.

Any of you boys had a go?

Not used it, please keep me posted on your findings, could be an option for a "quick fix"

• Like 1

Not used it, please keep me posted on your findings, could be an option for a "quick fix"

Exactly what I had in mind! I've never seen a filler do as good a job as that. And now the reviews are confirming the marketing pic's it looks like it could be invaluable.

No worries buddy, will do. Review to follow!

• Like 1

Exactly Chris. You can get a finish that would normally take hours of correction work within a relatively short time scale, albeit not permanent. Also for people that have the skill but not the time.

• Like 4

This is one of those products I wish would come on the detailing sample group buy. I would probably never use a full bottle anyway, I just want to try a bit before I commit my money to a full size bottle.

I know what you mean. I'll do a review on the black focus and give you an honest and unbiased opinion on it. The black paint should test this products claims to the full. My dads car could do with something like this too.

• Like 1

A solvent heavy sealant or wax may do just that Chris, I'll top with desireable or the auto perfection intensify sample. Shouldn't be an issue.

Good test, Desirable is a well known wax, lovely finish as well. I'd be surprised if it pulled any fillers out. Looking forward to the test & results :thumbup:

• Like 2

Good test, Desirable is a well known wax, lovely finish as well. I'd be surprised if it pulled any fillers out. Looking forward to the test & results :thumbup:

I'll top with desireable then mate.

• Like 1

I agree buddy. Going to put that combo on the fo us and then Prima Amigo, prima hydromax and then intensify on the octavia. If a mate needs a car doing I'll do an independent review on intensify then. A few of the lads at work are keen, which keeps my ale cupboard well stocked.

• Like 3

50 cal products are made in Belfast and im using the penta wax at the mo and find it very good. They are only a new company but there products are getting great reviews.

They also sell a cool looking car air freshener....IMO. 

dog-tag-air-freshener.jpg

http://www.50caldetailing.co.uk/

Good to see you posting Mark - hope you are well mate.  :thumbup:

I recall you mentioning 50cal way back last year; but i still havent got my hands on any yet....

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they make their own stuff or have had them produced for them by someone, either way, I don't really care. Like I always say, I prefer spending my cash with the smaller British companies, especially when they are producing such great products like they are at the moment. The glaze is certainly building a name for itself, as is the penta wax. Now I just need it to get here as the cars could do with being sorted within the next month or so now the weather is above freezing.

• Like 2

Just did a bit more research on 50cal this morning as my daughter got up at 6.

They manufacture their own products but more importantly, their filler glaze does cause skin irritation. It's like second nature for me to pop some nitrile gloves on when even just washing the cars, let alone decontaminating and polishing. But it is a necessary step with this product. Something to bare in mind.

• Like 4

Just waiting for mine to come but I have a few questions . How long does it hide imperfections for . Can you seal and wax over it I'm using chemical guys jetseal and collinite 476s at the moment .

Cheers

Hey buddy.

You will need to wax or seal over the top of it. 476s is extremely solvent heavy and may disolve some of the glaze (I've removed tar spots with 476s), I'm honestly not sure. I'll be topping with Angelwax desireable. I've never used jetseal so unsure of its composition but would lean towards this. Hope this helps a little, I'm sure some of the others will be able to help you out.

• Like 2