Differences between original and facelift Yeti?

clv101

Is there a definitive list anywhere of all the differences between the original and facelift Yeti? The bits you can see are obvious, and I see it uses the 5th generation Haldex system now, but I guess there a dozens of smaller changes.

Don't worry about him Tony, after all he admits to driving a BMW!

Back O T:

Yes the F/L has the Haldex 5, not the older H4 version.

Non HID versions get better headlights but poorer fog lights and DRL's.

Up-dated infotainment and audio systems

Other than that, not a lot.

(I think)

• Like 1

My thoughts (and I won't remember everything):

1. With Bi-Xenons, LED running lights and 'flash' now by halogen lamp rather than Xenon, high beam by Xenon combined with the halogen lamp (phenomenal).

2. AFS - adaptive headlights with Bi-Xenons so do off-side kerb hunting at low speed and beam control at speed/rain etc. 

3. No 'headlight on' warning lamp in instrument cluster (only bad point for me).

4. Obvious ones: new front end and back end (much nicer......)

5. CR170 road tax down by £30/year (£145 - my friend's Octy III vRS CR184 is £30/year...)

6. TBA

A Mod being inflammatory?!  At least have the decency, sir, to add an 'IMHO' :wonder:

Hmmmm.

Sir, the 'inflammatory' Mod now thinks the 'decent' thing to do is point out that 'IMHO' was actually in my original post - just selectively omitted in your quote! ;)

I still stand by that the FL (don't let me forget the IMHO) is by far the better looking car of the two though. However it wasn't, at the time, available to be a contender when I eventually purchased my Tiguan. You see, I've only gone 50% over to the dark side Graham!

Going back to the OP's question, one small thing I remember is that the 'old' Yeti couldn't have a DSG gearbox with the 170bhp engine whereas I notice that it is available now.

• Like 1

According to DarrellGB the new FL is engineered differently under the skin... Apparently running the MQB brakes and suspension components now compared to the (far better looking, imo) pre FL Yeti that runs mk5/mk6 components.

.... but IMHO the best thing is that the FL actually looks quite decent .........................................................................whereas the original was really ugly. :peek:

Hmmmm

The difference between the written and the spoken word has been commented on many times on briskoda.net, usually citing the lack of vocal inflection and timing in the latter :nerd: .  I've said elsewhere on the forum that I'd have happily bought an FL Yeti if there hadn't only been a Classic when I was buying) , soooo -

I'll offer you a draw: 

1      I'll accept (even agree with) your 'HO' that the FL looks quite decent

if

2      you'll confirm that it's your 'HO' that 'the original was really ugly'     :happy:

Isn't the later model mostly like the original (classic Yeti) only facelifted?

DAB radio is the main item I would have liked - any comments on DAB reception in their Yeti?

I love my classic Yeti.

According to DarrellGB the new FL is engineered differently under the skin... Apparently running the MQB brakes and suspension components now compared to the (far better looking, imo) pre FL Yeti that runs mk5/mk6 components.

This is the kind of thing I'm getting at, what does the MQB brakes / suspension entail compared to the original?

I can see where this thread is going. FWIW IMHO we need a new sub-forum for FL Yeti owners. JMTPW. ;)

They're still mk1 so can share the same space.

Still no news on the Mk2 which is odd given the tiguan is out, and it's simply going to be reskined for the Yeti and Seat models

They're still mk1 so can share the same space.

Still no news on the Mk2 which is odd given the tiguan is out, and it's simply going to be reskined for the Yeti and Seat models

Is it?

Never seen a reference to that!