bye bye Rapid

slider

Combination of reasons, currently have 3 motors between the 2 of us. My company Civic, SWIMBOs Rapid Space back and a Grand Vitara that i us from shooting. Swimbo has bad hips and has been finding the Rapid low to get in and out of. After putting some feelers out I have sold the 55 plate Vitara for £500 more than I paid for it 9 months ago (I got an absolute bargain at the time)

So Dacia here we come.the Dustcart is a pretty basic motor with no frills but is well priced. A. At the end of the day its out of the Nissan\ Renault parts bin, just the same as Skoda is ( or at least was) the bargain basement VAG.

£14500 for a diesel 4x4, built on the Patrol \ Quashi floorpan, more space than a Yeti, don't tell me Skoda owners have become badge snobs!!!!

• Like 2

Just make sure you do NOT get one built in India but you get a new one made in Romania...  the Indian ones are rusting away faster than the Alfasud ever managed. There is a reason why the Indian built Dusters are called the Dacia Ruster.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/widespread-corrosion-issues-makes-uk.html

and from their forum:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/706-do-you-have-a-rusty-duster/

Romanian built car coming from the showroom, have checked this already.

Ride in the rapid sportsback with the sport pack is nothing to get excited about and Dustcart is way better than the Grand vitara ((pre 2005 model-

• Like 1