What is it with Skoda dealers and not ringing you back?

ang9444

It's been 6-7 occasions from two different Skoda dealers where i've had a query or my car has been in and they are like "we'll get back to you" or "leave it with us and we'll call you back" and nothing...even complained to a manager and he was like "i'll get so and so to call you and speak to you about the issue as well" and again..nothing. Very bad customer service if you ask me, maybe it's just my luck but these dealers are all talk "yeah we're all about customer service blah blah" b****cks.

• Like 3

Yeah exactly. Very disappointed with the customer service i've received so far, puts me off buying another Skoda in the future.

I remember when i was first looking for a Fabia and rang a dealer up asking to arrange to view one and he said he'll ring me back later on in the day so i was waiting and nothing. Next day i had three missed calls from him and 2 voicemails and i just ignored it and thought "too late mate"

Yeah it's quite satisfying when they try and contact you a few days after you left the message for them.... only to find out you've gone and bought elsewhere... :-) Lost that commission matey!

its not just skoda dealers, there all as bad

i looked at loads of makes whilst deciding and apart from a select few, they never got back to me

i wouldnt mind but ive never been set on one car, theres loads i like and each time i thought id found one i told them i could buy today yet they still seem lethargic to say the least

my local vw never got back to me after visiting them several times so in the end i went elsewhere and bought one, i will of-course do a drive past once i get my new car to let them know they missed out

There's simply no service in this country - never has been.  Most things you buy or order are faulty, the wrong colour or don't turn up.  No wonder everything is so expensive - they have to have 3 goes at getting it right!

There's simply no service in this country - never has been.  Most things you buy or order are faulty, the wrong colour or don't turn up.  No wonder everything is so expensive - they have to have 3 goes at getting it right!

Are you sure you're talking about the UK. You've must have had some pretty bad experiences as most things are made overseas now anyway.

I've never really had any problems to speak of and I used to be a Service Manager for a large furniture retailer so I don't agree with any of what you said. All the Skoda retailers and Peugeot retailers I've dealt with in theist have been great, the only exception as I mentioned earlier was Seat, they didn't want to know.

I must be in Nirvana.  Local garage now knows me, my brother and my dad by name although he does insist on being very prim and proper and saying Mr. {insert our surname}, I wind him up by only calling him by his first name.

He doesn't use high pressure, he phones back when he promises and any email we get is just a "How did we do?".

• Like 1