Mine's having a "Product Upgrade" Today!

My Octavia is in the dealers today for a small job, (driver's door safety light stopped working).

When I took it in this morning, I was told they also wanted to do a "product upgrade", on the Tailgate/boot dampeners,

so that's being done as well, I asked again if they'd do the satnav update, but got same answer, "you do that yourself"

I haven't done mine from new, put off by the owners on here saying they had difficulty!

I wonder, is this related to the 'booming' noise some cars exhibit? I think I read Skoda have some different tailgate bump stops now, in an effort to tackle the problem.

Thats exactly what I was thinking too.

DJD66, any chance you can ask for the a reference number or some information regarding the update?

May be useful to a lot of early Mk3 owners who have the bad booming-noise.

I asked again if they'd do the satnav update, but got same answer, "you do that yourself"

I haven't done mine from new, put off by the owners on here saying they had difficulty!

As long as you are using Windows 8 or above you will have no problem, just make a back up and let windows unpack it. I dug out my laptop rather than muck about with my iMac, also most of the peeps having issues were using The recommended Zip 7..

Mines also had the hatch buffers/dampers replaced a couple of months ago. When I asked the dealer if it was anything to do with booming that some owners had complained about,they said no, it was simply due to potential corrosion on the spacers behind the rubber buffers on the hatch!

Mines also had the hatch buffers/dampers replaced a couple of months ago. When I asked the dealer if it was anything to do with booming that some owners had complained about,they said no, it was simply due to potential corrosion on the spacers behind the rubber buffers on the hatch!

Can you see, or rather hear the difference now?

Have you checked your shocks for the delivery blocks?

When i got my vRS, the ride was horrific, worse than my MK1 Seat Leon Cupra R, which is legendary for a harsh ride. Then i read a thread about the blocks, and hey presto i found them, removed them, and my car changed character instantly.

Interesting, what is your source for this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

A Skoda salesman who said the blockage had caused the noise, trapped the air and subsequently it had caused car sickness.

Have you checked your shocks for the delivery blocks?

When i got my vRS, the ride was horrific, worse than my MK1 Seat Leon Cupra R, which is legendary for a harsh ride. Then i read a thread about the blocks, and hey presto i found them, removed them, and my car changed character instantly.

No transport blocks in mine unfortunately! I'm still pondering whether to splash out on a set off Bilstein B4s or B6s but then I think that if I save the cash I'd be able to chop in the car 2 months earlier, roll on 80k and then she's a goner!