I can't wait for the Estate ...

Me neither. I don't know how the rear door 'flick' will look on the estate and curious as to how they will pull it off. Though likely they will omit it as they did with the Octavia. 

2013-Skoda-Octavia-Side.jpg

130605-skoda-octavia-combi-rs-004.jpg

There is a picture of the estate in the other thread, it was posted together with what we now know to be the actual new Superb so there is a good chance it is.

Likewise I cant wait for the estate version, mine is due to be replaced November this year

Likewise I cant wait for the estate version, mine is due to be replaced November this year

Lucky you, perfect timing! I can't motivate myself, nor my bank, that I need a new car after just little over a year ... ;-) ... Still looking forward to see the Estate, guess it will be very nice since I really like the aggressive front part of the Sedan.

My (company car!) superb 170 elegance combi is due for replacement in September. It is a 62 plate and currently done 102k miles.

I still love driving it and only problems have been a faulty 'shark fin' aerial and leaking water pump.

Don't think the new combi will be available by September - what do I do - Superb II FL, Octavia combi or even a Mazda 6 ???

I wouldn't be surprised if the SIII Estate looks exactly like Octavia Estate (side view) but obviously with the bonnet and face like SIII hatch. 

Obviously the boot space will be enormous with simply clever features and neat touches....I hope it doesn't become tooooo boxy like the Passat Estate. Of course it would be very functional with lots of space but SIII needs a bit of exterior styling too without compromising on any interior space.

There is a picture of the estate in the other thread, it was posted together with what we now know to be the actual new Superb so there is a good chance it is.

Hi Coops. Could you give me a heads up as to which thread, thread title please. I can't find the estate. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

I'd consider an estate to replace my 120,000 mile SII, although Skoda has been removed from our company car list. Looks like I'll have to select a Passat Estate when my Superb is due for replacement in October 2015.

Hi Coops. Could you give me a heads up as to which thread, thread title please. I can't find the estate. 

Thanks in advance.

Try this for size Svend:

These mock ups look promising. .. e2e9ec9a6141136a4a519a2b2e0874d8.jpg53b0a107405c673c3c79828ecfdc89ee.jpg

• Like 2

Oh Großer Gott im Himmel. That is beautiful. 

Indeed. Here are a couple of other renderings to wet your appetite:

Skoda-Superb-Combi-rendering-1.jpg

Skoda-Superb-Combi-rendering-2.jpg

Not sure I like the inbound lights on the rear shot but I guess they used the hatchback to render.

• Like 3

I like that the rear shares some appearance with the hatchback where on the current one it stopped at the rear doors from the front backwards.

It's too Audi-esque though now but still good in it's own right.

I read that Skoda expect the majority of superb buyers to be estate buyers, so I don't think they will get the design wrong.

I agree that the design has to be spot on if they are chasing volume and its interesting that they expect more estates to be sold.  In Ireland it is very much weighted towards the hatch, although there are quite a few combis around too.  Its funny because the two markets are quite different in that respect, I think estate cars are a lot more popular in the UK

Try this for size Svend:

Superb170

The hatch is the car of choice for private hire taxi drivers in Belfast, that I can tell you!!

I had a ride in one and was that impressed that a few years later I upgraded my Golf Mk V to a combi Superb. I liked that so much I had a second one before dropping down in size to an Octy III combi as it was being so highly rated by all the car mags / sites and I no longer required the space.

So far I have not been disappointed by the Octy, however it is no Superb hence why I might upgrade again early 2016 if the bank account can handle another hit! Car of choice,2.0ltr 190bhp Superb combi SE/SE-L with a few options.

If it looks anything like the one in Coops photos above, I might have to sell one of my kids to find a beautiful set of 19" alloys as per the picture above. Role on the summer

• Like 1

Getting bored of seeing the standard Superb (hatch) but have found out that the estate is due to make its public debut in late spring, and should turn up in showrooms about a month after the hatchback

Well they pencilled the hatch for "Spring"  and although there are some smaller shows coming up, nothing of any worth (Cairo, Belgrade, Amsterdam)