*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

Adding to this thread, me and my brother are both at two years ownership, in fact my brothers has done 45k in those two years with not one single problem bar a snapped spring which was changed no issue on warranty.  He is having to sell his back to the Finance company as he lives in Germany and can no longer run a uk registered car there.  So he replaced it with a LHD mk5 golf Gti DSG but even he says the fabia feels faster,   His will be up for sale next month so i will link it up when it appears on the market as despite it having 63k on it its never burnt any oil, never been thrashed as despite being a race instructor most of his miles were spent commuting back and forth the uk and germany.  

As for me, mine is soon to become the 2nd longest i have owned any car, i've had well over 30 cars in the last 20years but for some reason the little VRS makes me smile, i intended on keeping it till well in to next year and i am paying the small balloon payment in a few months time.  It's also had plenty of use, less miles than my brothers as just ticked over 30k, but its seen tack miles and i am never shy with the right foot.  although mine has been fixed service since i owned it and at just over 30k it will soon have its 4th service.  treat it mean as long as you look after it well is my motto. 

i wish skoda would release the new VRS as that mk3 body with the 1.8 and dsg box would be my ideal replacement next year.  but at this rate i think a 3dr polo gti will be on the drive next year.

Edited by Ant FR
  • Like 4

i wish skoda would release the new VRS as that mk3 body with the 1.8 and dsg box.

The dealer I bought it from last September jokingly said as soon as they hear any info on a Mk3 vRS he'd let me know, hopefully one day in the near future I'll get a call from the dealer with "Good news, we've had confirmation of a new Fabia vRS coming soon", it'd be one of the happiest days ever. :party:

When you look at the list price of MKIII Montes (OK - I know no one - except perhaps the naive or the gullible - pays list) I fear that a MKIII vRS, while welcome, would be beyond what I'd be prepared to pay.

• Like 1

*oof* yea... after having a look at the Mk3 Monte and configuring one to be top spec as a vRS would naturally be plus the obvious "it's a vRS" premium ontop of it all, the price would be a little eye-watering :drunk:

• Like 1

There is only one used 1.8 TSI Polo GTi for sale on Autotrader within 200 miles of me (just - at a VW dealer in Blackpool) and it's advertised at £19k! Nationwide there is an even more expensive one (£22k, which is frankly nuts - if you were prepared to spend that on a car surely you'd just find a bit extra and buy a Golf!). There's one reasonably priced car - £16k - at an independent in Essex.

Even going as far back as the 6n2 the Polo GTi has never been a sales hit in the UK - I'm surprised VW continue to bother with an RHD version..

Yeah, in comparison used S1s look a better option - 40 more PS, badge and 4WD.

There is only one used 1.8 TSI Polo GTi for sale on Autotrader within 200 miles of me (just - at a VW dealer in Blackpool) and it's advertised at £19k! Nationwide there is an even more expensive one (£22k, which is frankly nuts - if you were prepared to spend that on a car surely you'd just find a bit extra and buy a Golf!). There's one reasonably priced car - £16k - at an independent in Essex.

Even going as far back as the 6n2 the Polo GTi has never been a sales hit in the UK - I'm surprised VW continue to bother with an RHD version..

Yeah, in comparison used S1s look a better option - 40 more PS, badge and 4WD.

Checkout www.vw.co.uk/used quite a  few DSG and Manual under £19k ,3 and 5 dr

e.g..http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS/Perth/4098332-605490457-123180.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Brian there are 4 Polo GTI Manual 1.8TSI advertised in St Andrews & Perth at under £18,000.

I know there is 2 available under £17,000 (Asking prices £16,995)

That is just from a quick check on Autotrader.

http://autotrader.co.uk

EDIT.

Sometimes they are showing, sometimes not.

Camerons Perth though.

Barnetts St Andrews.

VW Polo

Under 1 year old

Under 2.0 l

petrol

under 8 seconds

under 140 g /km

GTI

Beacon Hill Used Car Centre.

250 Miles Manual.

£15,995

(I take it that is the Essex one, so can that be bought, or is that an Attention Catcher.)  Well it worked.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 2

Orangewheels are doing a Brand New Polo Gti 5 dr DSG standard spec @£17330, if taken out with PCP (£1400 contribution/discount included) Delivery approx. 10 -12 weeks.

Your Brand New Car Price - Enquire Now (It's Free!)

Volkswagen POLO 1.8 TSI GTI 5dr DSG Petrol Hatchback  £20,971 

Chosen Colour Not Selected

Chosen Interior Not Selected

Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £20,971 

Our Discount Price [on the road]   £17,332  

Saving £3,639 

Our Discount Price includes the £1,400 Finance Deposit Contribution from VOLKSWAGEN UK when taking VOLKSWAGEN finance.
If buying cash please add £1,400 back onto the Discount Price above.

Thinking of buying in the next few days?

Orangewheels are here to help you beat your local dealers prices and help you save money.

We are a Free service who can put you in contact with our Approved UK Main Dealers about this car.

No obligation - Just enter your details below and we will contact you to help with your enquiry.

Want to know more? See our Frequently asked questions.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

vrskeith,

Is the Twincharger leaving your family & a Polo GTI arriving?

What spec.

Maybe the vRS is a good car for someone looking for a bargain.

Had a good trade - in deal.

George the car would be a cracker, very high spec FSH will be at approx. 35000 when Polo GTI arrives. Car not an oil burner.

Can PM me and I can tell you what dealer is taking it in and can supply a contact there if required.

Dealer in Wiltshire but near a  mainline station easy pick up for dealer.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

So the 2015 Face Lift VW Polo GTI Halo Model appears to be as big a sales flop for VW UK as the Twincharger Polo GTI was.

They never First Registered even half as many Polo GTI 2010-2014 as Skoda did Fabia vRS Twinchargers, 

yet Skoda's CEO said not a high enough percentage of the vRS sold compared to the total Skoda Sales (Registrations.)

VW UK or VW Germany have an odd why of manipulating figures considering what a big volume seller the Polo are, 

and what a tiny percentage of GTI they shift.

(I suppose they will keep encouraging Dealers to get a certain number 'First Registered' each quarter, even if Customers are not Ordering and buying them new.)

At lease those buying Polo GTI 1.8TSI and not as keepers are not losing as much as many did with the very overpriced Polo Twinchargers.

So the 2015 Face Lift VW Polo GTI Halo Model appears to be as big a sales flop for VW UK as the Twincharger Polo GTI was.

They never First Registered even half as many Polo GTI 2010-2014 as Skoda did Fabia vRS Twinchargers, 

yet Skoda's CEO said not a high enough percentage of the vRS sold compared to the total Skoda Sales (Registrations.)

VW UK or VW Germany have an odd why of manipulating figures considering what a big volume seller the Polo are, 

and what a tiny percentage of GTI they shift.

(I suppose they will keep encouraging Dealers to get a certain number 'First Registered' each quarter, even if Customers are not Ordering and buying them new.)

At lease those buying Polo GTI 1.8TSI and not as keepers are not losing as much as many did with the very overpriced Polo Twinchargers.

George,

Have a you test driven a Polo GTI DSG lately, back to back with your twincharger?

10 -12 weeks delivery suggest order book not to bad.

The dealer I just bought my Golf R from, said he had sold 3 new Polo GTI in the last month. More also being sold at new reg day.

& so they should, they are cheap, because the size of VW has been able to make them cheap and can still do good finance.

The thing is these cars will be back in VW Dealerships in 2-3 years.

(Total Much Cheapness Bargains hopefully by then.)

If they can get the Nationwide VW Dealerships First Registering around 100-150 every month i imagine they will be pleased, more likely they will be going for 200 a month, as they usually do.

but if only half of those go to new owners as a New car, the other half need sold as 'Used' one Previous Registered Keeper.

It does kill residuals, 

its whats happened with the S1, Demos / Management cars, not that many true Bought New buy Customer cars.

Octavias are Taxi / Airport Transport sized cars, Family Size.

Which do you mean on price, the 220/230 PS Petrols or the rather unpowerful 184ps Diesels.

You can have Seat Leon 3 or 5 door Hatches and Estates with the same or more power, choice of fuel type Engines / Gearboxes for even 

less than the Porky Octavias.

• Like 1

So currently 83 used /demo S1 on Audi used website (n.b. car is manual only) Only two cars approx a year plus old, creep under £20K.

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a1/2.0-tfsi-quattro-231ps/bexley/605357174-12562.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a1/2.0-tfsi-quattro-231ps/inverness/605523461-37599.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Just like the Audi RS3, totally over priced, even though a nice set of wheels.

Edited by vrskeith

The Advertised Prices are Asking Prices of Used, Demo / Management, Ex Media, not selling, nobody wants cars, 

Audi Dealers wanting a profit, need to make profits, stay in Business.

BUT,

Also the Audi Way. VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

Do not scare off buyers by having them think nobody will want their car for much money if they buy a New one and add extras / options 

and it gets to £30,000 plus and will lose them £10,000 in 2 years.

So an Audi Dealer maybe can not drop prices as Advertised much.

they need to give you a better than your car is worth trade in or some other 'Not to make the ' Book Prices look sh!te type deal.

As with RS3's and other cars,

Tell the Customers, Rare, scarce, in Demand, 6 months waiting list and all that Sales Person talk.

Discounter for Audi S1:

Orangewheels Sportback;

Your Brand New Car Price - Enquire Now (It's Free!)

Audi A1 S1 TFSI Quattro 5dr Petrol Hatchback £26,325

Chosen Colour Not Selected

Chosen Interior Not Selected

Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £26,325

Our Discount Price [on the road] £24,808

Saving £1,518

Our Discount Price includes the £250 Finance Deposit Contribution from AUDI UK when taking AUDI finance.

If buying cash please add £250 back onto the Discount Price above.

Probably Carwow do a similar deal.

However, as seen above not much Manufacture contribution here compared to the Polo GTI

Edited by vrskeith

Had a good trade - in deal.

George the car would be a cracker, very high spec FSH will be at approx. 35000 when Polo GTI arrives. Car not an oil burner.

Can PM me and I can tell you what dealer is taking it in and can supply a contact there if required.

Dealer in Wiltshire but near a  mainline station easy pick up for dealer.

ALWAYS good to see the Positive Skoda vRS thread getting posts for other cars ;)

vxh26,

Have just the car becoming available for you -see above.

What you have long been looking and waiting for! Bargain!

• Like 1

This was my favourite post by anyone interested in a Mk2 Fabia vRS Twincharger.

They asked about the engines on the VW Forum. 

Somehow it seems even back then they knew little about the Engines and still not much more all this time later,

all of 2 years later it is..

http://volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14713

This is probably the member and Briskoda Fabia Forum user with the longest interest in the Twinchargers without ever buying one.

• Like 2