*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

The chap who bought my old one called me the other day , he got my number off a receipt I had for the eibach springs and rarb . He was over the moon with it and was asking about the suspension parts and if the engine was stock as he couldn't believe the performance, nor could some of the Audi TFSI drivers near him, I assured him it was stock but mods are available

• Like 1

I have grown to really love my little vRS. In Combi form it really does meet all my needs.

I have finally stopped getting a pain in the back too which helps greatly with my vRS appreciation.

For me though, the best thing is the noise - that simultaneous whine from the SC and the shrill whistle from the TC - awesome. I could never increase my exhaust noise with a new back box for fear of losing that mechanical symphony! Love it.

• Like 1

Hi.Just been to cobra sports in Sheffield today to have my new exhaust fitted which is great,car uses no oil and 8 hour round trip today with no back pain and a nice comfortable drive, did 454 Miles to a tank of 99 tesco fuel and sat nav with traffic updates and bluetooth worked perfect (great car). And I forgot to mention it goes very quick my cthe.

Nice. What does the exhaust sound like? Can you post up some pics and a vid?! :-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love mine - bought it when it was a year old and planned to keep it till end of manufacturer's warranty (for obvious reasons) - a further two years on and I still have it - the clincher was when I saw a green one in EK and it hit home how much I'd miss mine if we parted company.

• Like 4

Car love.

'What do you call yours?'.

I now call my vRS Dawn.

Flipping kills my back at times, but she is an excuse to get up very early and go for a blast, and sometimes just have night drives to be able to get some fun out of her due to lots of cameras (speed) and the likes about these days.

Dawn just came to mind way back when i remember reading this.

http://petrolblog.com/2010/09/dawn-raid-skoda-fabia-vrs-2

An All New Fabia Monte Carlo in Red would look just fine and might be a bit more comfortable,

but then Skoda decided that Sporty needed 110ps as a max for a 1.2 TSI Petrol Engine with DSG.

(it could be a bit of a Q Car though, if you put a 1 litre badge on, as Skoda do a Monte Carlo with that engine.)

post-86161-0-08480500-1439792142_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-40132100-1439792195_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-13800700-1439792238_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-19282300-1439792301_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-51043800-1439792401_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-49350200-1439792566_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-87683400-1439793016_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-24550300-1439793033_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

she is an excuse to get up very early and go for a blast, and sometimes just have night drives to be able to get some fun out of her due to lots of cameras (speed) and the likes about these days.

When I pointed this out to my dear wife she responded with,"Oh! God, there's two of you do that!"

The trip so far has been great,M25/M1 then flip over to A435 to Newark for our  over night stop returning 45.2 MPG.24 years of marriage and swmbo looked the best "mate" I could have ever wished for .....but now...

I am on a 'Happy as Larry' West Coast of Scotland Road trip in the Fabia. 

I crossed over last night from the very rainy & stormy North East Scotland yesterday during a beautiful clear night of very empty roads, and this morning the South West was very wet.

Just filled up now for the 3rd time in 2 days and looking forward to some coastal routes, ferries and Islands in the next week heading to the North West.

Looking forward to some wonderful driving roads and maybe the weather improving.

PS.

In another thread there was the question, who still has the oldest Twincharger Fabia.

NathsvRS, Brian69 & my car are 3 of the first built in 2010.

Has anyone else here got a Red Mk2 Fabia vRS built March/June/July 2010 ?

• Like 2

The dealer I bought it from contacted me to say due to expansion they were looking for cars and they'd like to buy mine back - now, no doubt there's an element of trying to lure me to their showroom to have a look at what's on offer but these cars aren't as 'toxic' as their detractors on here like to make out. There's a genuine demand out there for looked after used ones.

• Like 3

The thing is though,

the salesperson or his employers will not want to just buy your car for cash money if you just wanted to sell it and go away.

But its always good if you want a cuppa and you are passing to call in and say,

'it's your lucky day, here i am, go look at my car and tell me what you will give me for it'.

love my car, have a vibration problem that I'm hoping to cure with new tyres, ready for my trip to Germany next month :)

green hell here we come! (again! lol)

sadly my work situation is not good, my car may eventually have to go (I was going to keep him forever!)

just hope I can still afford it :( if it has to go I will miss it as "the best car i have yet owned" .....

• Like 3

Three days in to the Dales annual trip and loving the Illness even more.Following advice previously for various routes we have been proverbially,"up hill and down dale". "True" MPG is around the 42.5 with a mix of driving styles...

• Like 2

I can not load todays picture, but these were from the last time here at the 'Silver Sands of Morar', (so no change)

& for the roads to get here the Fabia is just one of the best to be driving. 

Coming via the Corran Ferry and what was a Top Gear driving Triangle, the road surfaces and views ahead are just amazing.

(doing 37 mpg ish, and i will need to use petrol from the cans later today until i can get 97 or 99 ron again in about 200 miles time.)

post-86161-0-74479700-1440145741_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-97365400-1440145755_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

A long lie was had and Pancakes with Bacon & Maple Syryp, and it is a perfect day to go and be a Sunday Driver.

Excited.

(just as well i never had any bevvy last night.)

Good music George. You can hear every word - I like music that reflects real life.

Not like the sh1te coming out of the likes of the X factor & the Voice (what voice?)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Two cracking cross country drives in my Partners vRS MK2 Hatch, last night and his morning around Wiltshire, on roads I don't often frequent.

Very brisk runs on B and C road, Pewsey, Great Bedwyn to Chilton Foliat and back. Tend to forget, at times, how much fun this car is, both in auto mode and flappy paddle.

Good to be reminded.

Bloody crying shame no MK3.

Happy Skoda Chap !

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 4