ChrisRs's MX-5 Thread

ChrisRs

Very Nice Chris, 

Looks lovely.

Shame your so far away, I could leave you mine for a few days.

Just bought this as an additional car, 2007 car with 25K

Stewart

Just met up with Chris before sunset,

Gorgeous car!

MX5 looks brand new straight from the show room for a 2 year old!

Engine bay immaculate!

What u going to do now, Chris?

Both cars just too mint to detail... ;)

• Like 1

Chris, that's awesome. I'm really pleased for you. All I can say is that I love mine and it is fantastic to drive.i think you will love it and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. a nice mod for these cars is to fit a set of the genuine Mazda -30mm lowerings springs and get a four wheel alignment done on a proper rig such as a Hunter. It makes the handling even better. The logic is that that is how Mazda designed it. They had to raise the ride height to comply with EU regs. Happy motoring!..........you must now plan an Alps tour!

• Like 2

No chance getting it in the Garage Ade and a Hard top is ok until I need to put it away for the Summer..so no..I wont be getting one

Im going to research some Soft Top Fabric protector/sealant

The current Auto Express (Issue No 1,359) has a mini test on that very thing. Might be worth a look, Chris.

Regards

Mike.

• Like 1

The current Auto Express (Issue No 1,359) has a mini test on that very thing. Might be worth a look, Chris.

Regards

Mike.

Its a sealer I'm after Mike. The roof as pretty much unmarked and as new, but has no protection on it all

So.....An initial search has narrowed it down to GTechniq I1 Fabric Sealant

I swapped by Fabia vRS MkII for a Mk3.5 MX5 last summer and had it for only about 4 months, for reasons I cannot disclose on a forum.

Great in the summer. I spoke to the guy who runs Scuzzle Motorsport in Winchester who highly recommended remapping these to lift the power below 4,000rpm especially on the 1.8. He suggested that for emission targets Mazda have reduced the power by 50% under the 4k rev mark. I don't know if this is true but he is an MX5 guru so I assume so. It is also seriously worth considering under sealing (professionally) if you use it in all weathers, maybe not quite yet as it's brand new but worth bearing in mind if you keep it long term.

• Like 2

Hi Chris - looks like a cracking car (and nice in white - a coulour which I don't normally like!).  Hope you enjoy it now the weather is picking up (mine'll certainly be out of the garage soon enough...

• Like 1

That looks the dogs on the drive chris showroom did not do it justice. As  i said before not many white ones and gone to the right home for staying white Lol.

• Like 1