Xtreme alloys, help me out here guys, I'm weakening.

Ok, I have said many times I wouldn't because of the rubbish roads round here and my dodgy back but I have just been on the Approved Skoda site, seen a Meteor Grey vRS with xtremes on it and thought 'very nice' :)

I'm half trying to talk myself out of it, bad roads, bad back, possible increase in road noise etc. and I'm half way to convincing myself that what the hell, I haven't spoilt myself in ages!

So, does anybody know...

A part number?

Where currently the cheapest place is to get them?

Preferred rubber for them?

I appreciate this subject has probably come up before so please indulge me and I apologise in advance. :)

The ride quality is no worse or noisier than 18's from my experience. For tyres my choice would be Michelin ps3 or eagle F1's avoid pirelli p-zeros they are garbage that

seriously don't bother.....................

get light wheels & improve the handling..................the 17",& 18" alloys take the same width of tyre............

here's my Golf MK7 on 17x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 with 225/45R17 Michelin Alpin 5.........2kg lighter per wheel then the OEM Dijon's the same size!

post-70632-0-63613300-1425418105_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wouldnt waste the money myself but its your call Mence.

The Anthracite Geminis IMHO are a nicer design overall and the ride is bound to be slightly better on 40 section tyres. All a matter of opinion.

i know how you feel.  I've been battling an urge to buy a second set of rims recently and the past week I've seen one set i like go from 8 green bars in stock and massively (48%) discounted, to sold out, back to 8 green bars in stock and massively discounted, and back to sold out again on tyre leader!

as for the extremes design...personally I think 19s are too risky on iffy roads, and too likely to kerbed, and too damned expensive (rims and tyres).  Also although the extremes are kind of smart, they also seem a bit...aggressive for me in the styling.  My view on that doesn't matter though, style is a personal choice, and if you like them, then why not!

Having been browsing tyre leader I have seen some similar-ish designs to the gemini and extremes and at half the price

(tried to post a link but it isn't working, was thinking of the

Rondell 02rz 8x19 5x112 ET48 70.4 (Anthracite, Polished, Matt)

or the cheapest for the extremes may well be 

http://www.eskoda-shop.cz/rozmer-R19/5938-Kolo-z-lehk%C3%A9-slitiny-XTREME-7-5Jx19-5E0601025AH-HA7

7600 Czech Korona = £201, but for a fiver a wheel I'd go to Hortons

Edited by neiln

hi, can anybody help, i have a 2010 face lift octy vrs, totally standard factory vehicle, but i am looking for some new alloys.  i have seen some 8 x 19" audi rs5 5 spoke alloys with an ET of 26 apparently.  given that i have seen vehicles like mine with 19" bentley wheels, i assumed that the audi ones would fit, but some say different.  please can anybody shed any light on this and let me know whether there is a possibility the wheels would fit

many thanks

lee.

Get 17's instead. Ride is better, they are better protected against kerbs, you'll have a much wider (and cheaper) choice of tyres, rims will be cheaper, thieves are more likely to ignore them, and your lovely red VRS brakes will not look so puny (especially the rears).

I wouldn't say the brakes on the Vrs look puny behind 19's, the rear maybe but not the front. 17's on the Vrs wouldn't look right in my opinion, it would look rubbish but again that's my opinion

hi, can anybody help, i have a 2010 face lift octy vrs, totally standard factory vehicle, but i am looking for some new alloys.  i have seen some 8 x 19" audi rs5 5 spoke alloys with an ET of 26 apparently.  given that i have seen vehicles like mine with 19" bentley wheels, i assumed that the audi ones would fit, but some say different.  please can anybody shed any light on this and let me know whether there is a possibility the wheels would fit

many thanks

lee.

The standard mkiii wheels are 7.5 j and et 51. You're wider Audi wheels would put the outer face 6mm out board at the same offset, so 31mm further out at et26. That would foul the body.  If the mkii fl is the same then no, they won't fit.

I've got the 19" xtreme wheels on my vRS the ride is about the same as the 18" wheel there not a lot in it at all the 19" look a lot better on the octy vRS ( well for me they do ) there easy to clean there not the cheapest wheel to buy but you get what you pay for

• Like 1

It is interesting how very soon in this forum most people with 18" wheels were complaining that the ride quality of O3 is harsh, not good enough etc. Now most people here say that "hmm yes, the ride with 19" is not much worse than the 18s :)

Anyway, my opinion is that the Extremes have very specific looks, which do not fully complement the O3 looks. I.e. I think they look rather artificial, like the car and the wheels are not made for each other. If you REALLY want to put 19"s, just look elsewhere, dont limit yourself to the Extremes only.

Thanks for your input guys, I will ponder for a little while longer.

To all of you who posted pictures, fantastic, love 'em all. :)

Thanks for your input guys, I will ponder for a little while longer.

To all of you who posted pictures, fantastic, love 'em all. :)

This might not help but,....

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT - get the wheels, you only live once  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2