Creaking drivers seat

My drivers seat backrest is creaking every time I accelerate, at only 3200 miles I feel this should not be happening at this mileage. Has anyone else had this problem at such a low mileage and was the dealer happy to fix?

Silly question but have you tried adjusting things like the lumbar support and the seat positioning to see if it goes away. It could simply be a case of parts loosening up and a quick adjust and reset might cure it once things find their natural level. I've found a few odd rattles of things that are not regularly adjusted/moved that were cured this way, the sunglasses compartment being one and after giving it a little waggle it's behaved itself without issue for 3000miles.

I had this in my Mk2 fl when it was new. I reported it to the dealer and they said keep an eye on it. (Ear I suppose they mean't

It disappeared, after about 7k kms.

I think it should not be acceptable to be forced to move the seat to tame any annoying noise.

I'll report to my dealer the noise as described in the thread mentioned by andyvee, meanwhile I just inserted a piece of plastic foam between the seat and the connector of the seat belt and will share if this keeps working as it seems.

Had a play with the seat, and as i have the seat as far back as it will go, in this position this is where it creaks, move it forward one notch and no creaking. Ringing the dealer tomorrow. See what they say! Feel shouldn't have to accept this at such a low mileage.

Mine has a bit of a creaking, squeaking noise where the plastic trim on the bottom rubs against the fake leather bits of the seat when I shift my backside around or I fling it into a corner and my weight shifts.

A tad annoying but not much to be done I guess.

Mine has a bit of a creaking, squeaking noise where the plastic trim on the bottom rubs against the fake leather bits of the seat when I shift my backside around or I fling it into a corner and my weight shifts.

A tad annoying but not much to be done I guess.

I'm sure every (non luxury car) has some creaking...it's really more of a matter of how frequent and audible (not to mention annoying) the sound is.

Our Volvo has had a squeak in the rear seat from day one. It's only audible when driving over a hump with a passenger on the right side rear seat. So infrequent, but mildly annoying in the long run...

I think it should not be acceptable to be forced to move the seat to tame any annoying noise.

I'll report to my dealer the noise as described in the thread mentioned by andyvee, meanwhile I just inserted a piece of plastic foam between the seat and the connector of the seat belt and will share if this keeps working as it seems.

I can confirm it works. Noise disappeared.

Watched TopGear last night, and Mr Clarkson was moaning about this in an F type coupe..... So it couldn't be considered a premium car issue, not sure if that means you should be pleased about it now though :-/

If this is happening in a jaguar then maybe I could have this problem in any car. When I bought my octavia I was considering a bmw and I wondered if it would not be happening in a bmw, but maybe it would!

I decided to comeback to my dealer with this report:

I have the same problem with mine O3 Ambition for Polish market - I have my driver's seat at almost the lowest position and safety belt connector touches seatbelt by a very corner causing noises - I decided to report this to my local dealer in Poland - desribed in linked thread.

I saw that Skoda has a TPI for such problem in Rapid, but they don't have TPI for Octavia yet. They requested me to come again to make film and take photos - they will send it to Skoda.

I decided to comeback to my dealer with this report:

I have the same problem with mine O3 Ambition for Polish market - I have my driver's seat at almost the lowest position and safety belt connector touches seatbelt by a very corner causing noises - I decided to report this to my local dealer in Poland - desribed in linked thread.

I saw that Skoda has a TPI for such problem in Rapid, but they don't have TPI for Octavia yet. They requested me to come again to make film and take photos - they will send it to Skoda.

That's a joke, ask them to re-align the console of the connector. There is a big screw down there for this purpose.

I think the procedure needs seat removal but that's not your problem.

Mine is quiet since realignment. Dealer fixed it under warranty.

You can see the difference if you compare my previous video to my actual photos.

Hopefully helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bD8yzclvQ0

IMG_0394.jpgIMG_0395.jpg

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My drivers seat keeps creaking down the right side of the backrest. My dealer is ordering new parts For when I next book in.