Octavia mkIII rear door card removal and speakersize

I needed to install speakers in the rear doors, because, when I ordered the car a year ago, I was not aware that is was not standard, and the dealer did´nt tell me, even though we have kids on the rear seat.

Well **** happens, but I really missed those speakers.

After some googling I found out that you can buy replacement pins for the multiplugs that connects the doors wiringloom to the B-pillars plug.

Those pins comes with wire on, so you can solder on som cables, but don´t have to crimp the small pins on a cable.

So I got those, and with help for a car electric tech guy We use at the company, We removed the door cards, and the speakers are standard 6,5"

We then installed the pins in the original multiplug and connected it to the radio with the pins that fits in the multiplug there.

The rear speaker output on the headunit was active, we tested that before anything else :-)

Now the sound is much better, and we don´t have to turn it up to loud for the kids to hear :-)

No new holes was drilled, and the original wiringloom in the car is untouched.

I thought this could be helpfull to others :-)

Video of door card removal:

The duct tape is not orginal Skoda :-) it was just there to hold the speakerhole cover in place, after We had removed it to see speakersize the first time :-)

I have attached a picture of the pins I got from Skoda.

Regards

Thomas

post-50298-0-27497400-1425547118_thumb.jpg

Edited by oelhunden
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Thomas, thanks for the video - did you do anything to avoid triggering air bags, its believed there is sensors front and possibly rear. I need to get into the front cards to try and find the speaker rattle - Skoda just turned the bass down on the radio.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dont all Octavias have 8 speakers. 2 in each door?

Not in all countries. There can be massive variations.

In 2013 when the mk3 was first released in Australia the most basic 'Ambition' version was a 1.4tsi, manual, no stop/start, no modes, 'Swing' radio, 4 front speakers only, no cruise control, no centre arm rest in front, no sensors, 16 inch steel wheels, no lumbar support adjustment on front seats.

Most of the missing items were available with a reasonable $1300 pack (which I added). so rear sensors, cruise, centre armrest, 8 speakers (4 front/4rear), 17 in alloys.

Come 2016 and the basic 1.4tsi manual Ambition is released with adaptive cruise, auto emergency braking, bolero radio with 8 speakers etc etc and for only a minor price increase on the original model and clearly the best car bargain on the market here.

You have to philosophical about these things but.......

When Subaru released their latest Outback range about 3 years ago they reduced prices on the new vastly improved and equipped models by around $8k from memory. That WOULD have more than annoyed me.

• 6 months later...
On 5/3/2015 at 10:10, oelhunden said:

I needed to install speakers in the rear doors, because, when I ordered the car a year ago, I was not aware that is was not standard, and the dealer did´nt tell me, even though we have kids on the rear seat.

Well **** happens, but I really missed those speakers.

After some googling I found out that you can buy replacement pins for the multiplugs that connects the doors wiringloom to the B-pillars plug.

Those pins comes with wire on, so you can solder on som cables, but don´t have to crimp the small pins on a cable...

...I have attached a picture of the pins I got from Skoda.

Regards

Thomas

post-50298-0-27497400-1425547118_thumb.jpg

Where did you find those replacement pins? Link? search quote?

How did you get through the rubber sleeve between the B-pillar and door?

I've been informed (thanks strandgaard) that the pins are called Junior Power Timer (female) and Junior Tab (male)  (http://www.c-j-l.net/Home/automotive/audi/electrical)

N 906 844 05 (female/Junior Power Timer) and N 103 189 05 (male/Junior Tab) or 

000 979 133 (1,0 mm²) (female/Junior Power Timer) and 000 979 134 (1,0 mm²) (Male/Junior Tab) <-- with wire

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. 

Wanted to add rear speakers to MK3 "avant". Opened rear door cards and found no wiring for speakers. Opened B pillar and also saw that no additional wires come to the door. So i need to add full wiring from radio to rear speakers. Has anyone done that? What is the best way to do that. Maybe in this case adding good 4 channel amp make better option? Radio is Swing. Has it any Line-outs?