Got £50 to spend, what do I buy?

hutchysrs50

NM: generally I'd agree, but I've got a bag full I've never used from group buys, tesco specials and auto glym life shine kits!

Bts22: I don't have a lot. Got a bucket, two basic mits and things from group buys also got autoglym life shine kits, two different types.

I've just got myself some nice brushes for handles and door shuts etc...

vpblackbrushpairw.jpg

A pot of collinite 476. Things have moved on a bit since this wax was introduced but still holds it own especially in regards to durability and value for money.

Without doubt Collinite 476 is the most durable car wax we have come across. It doesn't smell great but once you see just how good the results are and how easy to apply you will forgive it that. Buffing of is also childs play and the results look absolutely stunning. It adds depth to solid colours whilst not muting the flake on metallics.

Super Double coat paste wax #476 is a Carnauba based wax packaged in a tin that looks like it belongs in the 50's. Don't let that fool you though this is one of the finest waxes on the market. It is a true paste wax and contains absolutly no cleaners so by applying multiple thin layers you leave a finish which is more durable than not just any wax, but just about any sealant on the market.

Infact Collinite #476 is so durable that the manufacture claims one application will last a full 12 months come rain, snow and sun!  This is the it's true forte. Somehow Collinite have managed to manufacture a wax so extremely durable it  becomes the ideal choice all year round protection.All this makes Super Doublecoat #476s a very popular choice for winter, throwing off the worst weather with ease.

Oh and a decent drying towel makes the job quicker and easier.

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of good things about the HD wax, something I will need to add to the collection of my AG products!

Just waiting for any decent offers to come on at Halfords, I swear 10 month of the year they have 3 for 2 on all AG products! :D

• Like 1

That's a long way to go for a cheap wash, £10 wash and Vac, fuel £650.    :giggle:

Not in Albania Auric, they have set up camp at our local Esso garage, he must be raking the money in as he drives a 2.7 Tdi Audi All Road, not bad for a fiver per wash

• Like 1

Clay cloth was my eureka product of 2014. Definitely one of those. You could get a snow foam lance and snow foam for that too if you have a PW.

Wax wise, you'd get 100ml of Angelwax desireable for £45 delivered if you fancied a treat.

• Like 1

5 mini valets with the Albanians, inside and out for £10, they do a cracking job.

That's a long way to go for a cheap wash, £10 wash and Vac, fuel £650.    :giggle:

Not in Albania Auric, they have set up camp at our local Esso garage, he must be raking the money in as he drives a 2.7 Tdi Audi All Road, not bad for a fiver per wash

and here's me thinking you drove to Albania weekly.............................  :notme:

• Like 1

and here's me thinking you drove to Albania weekly.............................  :notme:

Not likely, after changing my job it is a daily commute to West Yorkshire every day now until I find somewhere to live over there.

Taking slightly different approach to this I thought of a £50 spend as a 'starter kit'.

So:

Two 'noodle' wash mitts from B&Q (£5 each) - one for car & one for wheels;

Two buckets from B&Q (£1 each);

Large bottle of Meguires Gold class shampoo from eBay (£16);

Two drying towels from B&Q (£5 each);

Hose pipe multi-spray head from B&Q (£7).

£5 under budget but with the regular 3 for 2 offers on cleaning stuff in B&Q you could save a few more pounds and buy a pot of wax or sealant to protect the clean car and be only few quid over budget.

Just my interpretation & thoughts.

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of good things about the HD wax, something I will need to add to the collection of my AG products!

Just waiting for any decent offers to come on at Halfords, I swear 10 month of the year they have 3 for 2 on all AG products! :D

3 for 2 offer is on ALL car cleaning stuff, so AG, Megs ect are all in there.

Clay cloth was my eureka product of 2014. Definitely one of those. You could get a snow foam lance and snow foam for that too if you have a PW.

Wax wise, you'd get 100ml of Angelwax desireable for £45 delivered if you fancied a treat.

Yes the G3 clay mitts are great, I have 1 I am using and 2 spares.

Think I'll look into clay cloths, never even heard of them if I'm honest.

Get your self into Halfords, grab a tub of AG HD wax, a G3 clay mitt and some G3 Body prep shampoo you'll get the shampoo for free so it'll come to £58

Wash the car with the Body prep to remove any wax and then use the mitt with a bucket of body prep as lubricant, dip your mitt regularly and away.

3 for 2 offer is on ALL car cleaning stuff, so AG, Megs ect are all in there.

Yes the G3 clay mitts are great, I have 1 I am using and 2 spares.

Get your self into Halfords, grab a tub of AG HD wax, a G3 clay mitt and some G3 Body prep shampoo you'll get the shampoo for free so it'll come to £58

Wash the car with the Body prep to remove any wax and then use the mitt with a bucket of body prep as lubricant, dip your mitt regularly and away.

Is there any offers on at halfords?

I've checked a few times recently and nothing.